ivanhowe

Forum Regular
Image200-a001.jpgIf you are former military, have you left instructions to be buried in your uniform? Will the fetish objects be there with you- your boots, shoes, etc.? Have you wondered what you will look like? I have made myself a coffin so I could enjoy my final scene. If boots are your thing, will you be steping into heaven with freshly polished boots? I hope to.

Oh my oh my Ivanhowe! Your 'fetish' strikes very near to one of the other members here and I'm sure he'll be commenting on your post. (no names, no pack drill!) Actually, I can think of one other member who will also be interested in your post when he returns to action.

Why not......ya'll bury cocks in your mouth and ass all the time.........

Sometimes there sn't much to return home to the family. My head and boots will do. The rest is just meat.with-my-boots.jpg

I would prefer to be buried in the uniform I die in - you are welcome to give me well polished brogues or boots. At a minimum a Highlander should be buried in his kilt.

Have you ever thought about all the soldiers on troop ships, along with sailors, and the men in submarines, and of course the Arizona- who are buried at sea. i have photos of these services which some sailors choose as their final disposal.burial-at-sea.jpg

Yes most war and troopships cannot store more than a few corpses so if attacked and a large number of men are killed they must be buried quickly at sea If killed at sea, hopefully firing at the enemy attackers, I'd expect my bloody corpse to be wrapped in a sheet, weighted down, a slid off the ship,s side under a Lion Rampant flag after a short prayer as the bodies are disposed of. The body sinks to the sea bed an rests there.

There was a marine Higgins who was hanged. His photo was posted on the net. I'm sure he would have preferred to be hanged in his uniform. Here is a tribute to him with a corpse being delivered to the morgue. It is taken a night an a flashlight shines on the subject.RIPjust-arrived.jpg

There was a marine Higgins who was hanged. His photo was posted on the net. I'm sure he would have preferred to be hanged in his uniform. Here is a tribute to him with a corpse being delivered to the morgue. It is taken a night an a flashlight shines on the subject.RIPView attachment 32788

Huuuummmm, great post.

crew-man-lost.jpgLife in the armed services is very dangerous. A corpsman I knew said he had to attend to a marine who had slipped in theshower, banged his head, and died on the spot. Here's a dreadful accident, where the blades of the helicopter decapitated this crew man. Couldn't you just cry? No doubt, a closed casket.

Would you take his boots or throw them in with him-then shovel him over. I was impressed by a ww2 war movie where the American soldier took off his boots, and before he could put them back on, his body was riddled with bullets. He sobbed mama and fell back into the foxhole. That scene grabbed my heart. This is a poor Russian in his grave.mama.jpg

Foxholes / Shellscrapes and trenches are ready made graves. Boots are usually taken from men KIA so they can be re used. I would prefer to die with a good long manly cry of "aaaargh" when shot rather than "Mama" ! My bullet ridden corpse can be covered with earth in the trench where it is found boots taken.

Thanks to Kilted Soldier who sent me this photo- I read today the remains of an American service man were returned to the American Gov't by a Korean representative. The unfortunate KIA lay undiscovered and nature had covered his body. The photo shown here makes me wonder how many more soldiers lie rotten in an undiscovered grave.MEN-from-hell..jpg

This is an old movie still showing 3 men who instead of being buried are being preserved.I went to the Herrnschlafticher Museum in Vienna. (the War Museum) On display are the georgeous uniforms of the French, the Austrians, and the germans. Can you just imaging the beautiful Imperial uniforms all over the world clothing the valiant soldiers who sleep undisturbed. There might be some mold on their boots, but with a little care... In one shop a pair of cavalry boots(about a size 5) were selling for $1100.3-frozen-men.jpg

a-silent-prayer.jpgThese Marines would have had a burial by nature if they hadn't been found. Today is the Iwo Jima rememberances in Boston (usally 2-19) and out of respect for these valiant men, I am not putting their precious blood into the scene. This happened in Korea when I was a little boy, and our neighborhood was touched by casualities as well.

Another execution scene, hands tied behind their back, left to rot in a ravine. Nature would cover them up, boots and all.hill-303.jpg

Thank you so much for all your photos and details about KIA soldiers after man-to-man combat festering away in Maggot Manor possibly still wearing their randy dandy uniforms with their rank n' dank earthy boots still on their ripe, veiny still feet.

Last edited:
Back