Pyro Yoshi

Forum Regular
I thought I'd take a stab at writing a piece of fiction for this site. Just to let you know, this is different than a lot of the fics posted here, and you'll see how while reading it. One of my favorite scary movies is John Carpenter's the Thing. That movie scared the crap out of me when I was 12! I've decided to write a story where my co worker has an unpleasant encounter with the thing at work.

Here it is. Comments would be lovely.

Flipping the freezer switch off, I wait for 3 o clock to roll around. It’s 2:49 am, Monday morning, and now I have a good half an hour to waste before the delivery truck gets here. Its supposed to arrive at 3, but its always late, without fail.

Now would be a good time as any to have a cigarette, so I step outside where my maintenance parter Sadie is waiting for me. We always hang out and talk for a while while waiting for the truck to arrive.

I’ve always taken a shine to her, she’s one of the only people in this god forsaken place with a fully functioning brain. That and, as much as she likes to screw around, she actually does her job for the most part, which is more than can be said for a majority of our co workers. The fact that she’s pretty hot doesn’t hurt either. I know she’s single, but I also know that the chance of a girl like her going for a guy like me is abysmal. I’m not butt ugly or anything, I’m just painfully average in every way, and I’ll be the first to admit that I could stand to lose a few pounds.

We converse about varying subjects for about twenty minutes before we spot the truck pulling in. I extinguish my second cigarette and help Sadie set up the stands and roller tracks. Before long the boxes begin careening towards us, she catches them, tosses them to me, and I stack them up nice and orderly. Despite her slender frame, Sadie is surprisingly strong, which I appreciate. She stacks boxes that need to go near the door, and never drops any while throwing them to me. Overall, she’s a good maintenance partner, she always knows what she’s doing.

Since we aren’t getting dry stock today, it only takes about 45 minutes to stock up both the freezer and the cooler. Before long, we’re done and load all the rollers and stands back onto the truck. After giving the driver all the empty bun racks, we’re mainly finished, all we need to do is organize a bit.

After shutting both the outside door and the second freezer door, I turn back towards Sadie, who’s walking towards the cooler door. Before putting her hand on the handle, she turns towards me. “Hey, remember that promise I made you?” she asks suddenly. “Uh, no. What sort of promise?” I inquire. She smirks and steps towards me. “You really don’t recall?”

I think deeply. She says a lot of things, and sometimes I can never tell if she’s serious or joking. “Was it promising to put laxatives in Cunty McBitchington’s food?” I ponder. Sadie laughs. “Good guess, but no.” she says and walks closer, until she’s standing about a foot away from me. “I give up, just tell me. I don’t like mind games.” I say. She merely raises her brow in response. “You’ve sent me a lot of mixed signals yourself, you know.”

I feel a little confused by her behavior. She’s normally very blunt and to the point, so I’m not sure why she’s messing with me now. Not only that, but the way she’s looking at me makes me feel a bit uncomfortable for reasons I don’t even know. She’s smiling, but her green eyes seem to be boring right into my brown ones. They had an almost devilish look to them, like she had malicious intent and wished harm upon me. Which is a very silly thought, as I know she’d never actually hurt me, as much as she jokes about shoving my head in a deep fryer. That and the simple fact that as a guy, I’m obviously physically stronger than she is. Sadie may be a strong girl, but I could over power her without too much trouble if need be.

She reaches forward and grabs my wrist with her right hand, still smiling at me. “I can’t believe you don’t remember! Several weeks ago after we unloaded the truck, I made you a promise, and I feel it’s time I did it.” she said.

It’s not until she speaks those words that I truly think about what she said to me three weeks ago: “I’m going to bend you over that stack of boxes and have my way with you, weather you like it or not! You won’t be able to sit down for a week, and that is a promise!”

Was she seriously going to try and rape me? I swing both ways, so it’s not like I’ve never had anything up my butt before, but still. As attractive as she was, something about this seemed very wrong, in more ways than one. Had she been planning this since meeting me? I didn’t really want to find out.

I don’t hit girls, so I figured I could simply push her down onto the floor and leave, only to learn it wouldn’t be that easy. I tried to wrench my arm from her grasp, but I was shocked to realize that she had a vice like, unnaturally strong grip on me. “What the...?!” I stammered, not sure what to make of that. She gripped me tighter, and brought my hand closer to her, which caused not only my confusion to escalate, but for slight fear to set in as well. That simply wasn’t possible, was it? Was she on drugs? Did she have drugs she was going to use on ME?

I tried to break away again, but her super human iron grip on me remained. Her smirk got wider. “I don’t think so, buddy. We’re going to have a real fun time, you and I. You’ll love it. Just to let you know, things are going to get very messy in here. That’s a promise.” she said and smiled wide. Just as I was about to ask what she meant by that, I noticed a red tinge in her mouth. Red lipstick? Or was it blood? I couldn’t help it, I looked closer. Her left canine tooth was covered in blood, and a drop bled over and ran out her mouth.

That’s when it happened. Something thought to be impossible, something that no one should ever have to see. Sadie opened her mouth unnaturally wide, the sides splitting almost back to her ears. Inch and a half long fangs sprouted from her extending jaws, the sounds of bones breaking and snapping echoing through the freezer.

I was in shock. My fear, which hadn’t been that noticeable a minute ago, sky rocketed. I had to do something, anything to get away, but I was frozen in place and my limbs didn’t want to work. I couldn’t move or even make a sound, as my mouth was open but no sound came out.

Before I could make any sort of noise, Sadie reached towards me with her left arm, watching me try to recoil from it in horror. Her tendril like fingers were extending, and I realized with absolute disgust that there was a reptilian like eye on the back of her hand. As much as I didn’t want that thing touching me, there was nothing I could do about it. It clamped over my mouth, muffling any screams or shouts that would threaten to give away what was happening.

As panicked as I was, I couldn’t keep my eyes off of Sadie’s rapidly changing form. Her face continued to crack and bleed, her lower jaw split in half as sharp teeth replaced her normal ones. Her still human looking right arm kept me locked in place to witness the horror. From the breasts down, she still looked like a normal person, but her left arm and the lower part of her face were disgusting, inhuman bloody atrocities.

A ripping sound was heard, and a slimy, segmented tentacle emerged from her back and stroked the side of my face, causing me to shudder with pure repulsion. My eyes widened as I saw it snake past me and go for my ass. Before I knew what happened, it impaled my pants and rammed into my ass, causing me to moan in pain. More tentacles appeared, and tears formed in my eyes as several of them invaded my butt at once.

So this is how I was going to die. Being raped by this thing...this monster. My hope of escape was rapidly dwindling by the second. This thing has me trapped, I can’t even move an inch. Before I know it, I’m choking and gasping for air as a bigger, thicker tentacle plunges down my throat. I’m vaguely aware of it and the ones in my ass probing and feeling around inside of me. How long had they been in there? Five seconds? Five minutes? Time seems to have stopped for me, and my senses are beginning to falter a bit. I barely notice the monster’s bisected jaws extend forward, chomping down on my neck, tearing it open. The pain is agonizing, but it only lasts for a brief second before lessening. I see blood flow outward from myself, I see it drip from the creature’s mouth, and then I see nothing at all.

It’s task done, the thing dropped its portly victim on the floor, watching him bleed out from the gaping wound in his throat. Soon, he would be one of them. While it waited, the thing withdrew its tentacles back into its body. Fingers shortened, teeth flattened, and flesh rearranged until it looked like a young woman once more. Additionally, it watched the fatal gash in its newly assimilated victim’s neck close up as if by magic.

When I opened my eyes, I saw my fellow incarceration, ‘Sadie’ looking at me. “I’ll take care of the blood. You keep everybody else out of here for now.” it instructed me. “Will do.” I replied, exiting the freezer unit.

The first thing I did was look at the clock. It was almost 4:30 am, and the opening crew would be coming in soon, so I figured I might not have time to pull off a flesh tearing, bone snapping assimilation. I didn’t have a wife or kids to assimilate, so I’d have to go after my friends, co workers, or my dog first. Instead, I scanned the store, carefully observing. There were only five of us here at the moment: the three human overnighters, Sadie and I.

There’s no way we could get all three of them before the morning staff come in, but I might be able to take over one. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted the overnight manager heading down the back hall towards the garage, so I made my move. Keeping out of sight, I silently followed, locking the door behind me.

What do you think?

Back