Guest viewing is limited
you are welcome. although there does not seem to be much out there to choose from, will post more.
 
Any idea why the Jap was committing ritual suicide ? Was his comrade aiming the rifle at him to finish him off if he failed / chickened out ?
 
I believe those pics are from a movie called "From Hell to Eternity" ...the WWII movie about Guy Gabaldon, USMC, starring Jeffrey Hunter and David Jansen. Pictured is the Commanding officer of Saipan, General Saito
 
yukio_mishima.jpgIf you don't know about this man, he was Mishima and he committed seppuku. There were pictures in the magazines at the time. Somewhere I have copies, but ... He was a greatly talented man- wrote books, screen plays and actor. He was of another time and mode- with the emphasis being on Japan's warrior tradition. When rejected by his followers, he took his own life. He would have enjoyed this site.
There another Hollywood movie(CYE-en-ara+phonetic spelling) with Red Buttons, Marlon Brando that ends with that scene. Opera lovers know Madame Butterfly. There is a Japanese film, where the man is presented with a dull knife for the ritual.
 
Yes I read he tried to organise a military coup in Japan at one time, and rightly commited ritual suicide when he failed, hope he did it properly, The equivalent for a Highlander is to fall on his broadsword or dirk, having positioned the tip over the heart or to ask a comrade to behead you.
 
vlcsnap-2012-07-25-21h57m54s27_zps9c38d54f.png

vlcsnap-2012-07-25-21h58m29s102_zps7ec7193e.png

vlcsnap-2012-07-21-23h38m00s212_zps9664357d.jpg

vlcsnap-2012-07-21-23h38m14s100_zpsd1c16794.png
 
If you go to best gore com, and search for Seppuku, you can see images of both Yukio Mishima reenacting Seppuku (fake). You can also see a photo of his severed head because he actually did perform Seppuku. I'm not sure how to repost the images here, and they aren't mine.
Here are some of the images... I am linking to them because I don't know how to display them.
Y2NA1ciNo76hmeb49Zx0zR6s_400.jpg


Yukio%2BMishima%2Bacting%2Bsuicide.jpg


mishima_s.jpg


Seppuku.jpg
 
Back
Top