First off, I didn't work at the morgue, I tried to for a few days but did not sign my contract and did not return although I promised the chief mortican to bring over my documents.

Morgues in the US are worlds apart from those in eastern Europe.

As I said they didn't even have body bags, and you ask about some ointment for the personnel...

I was lucky not to see a dead child on a table.

Corpses and autopsy don't bother me, I can take one rotter but I stepped into a room with 100 rotting bodies leaking on the floor - brown, black, green.

I love dead bodies but this was just to much.

Even experienced morgue workers I talked to said the situation in the basement was "very bad".

If they clean them up I would go and try to start work but I too have a limit on what I can take and 100 rotting bodies is just too much.

They should have never allowed this to happen, they just dumped them there on a pile until they started to melt and shrink so that they can wash and scrub them with caustic soda.

I talked with the dude who took me to the morgue, he said there are vacancies still available - no one so far has agreed to work in that shithole - step over rotting human flesh and bodies leaking directly on the morgue floor at room temperature.

Proof that I made the right decision.

But what will you do now?

I hope you will get a job soon!!

I am no longer looking for a job - I have given up. Slaries are too low anyway.

How can you survive with 200 euros a month?

My sister also gave up and her boyfriend is living off his granny's pension. She moved with him.

I moved too and live with my granny now, she gets a pension of 50 euros a month.

There are so many things I can say to you Meatpie.
You have rescieved so much postive feedback, that its startling.
I think you simply have to judge what is more important.
Having a job? And possibly {I say possibly} losing your sanity. Or being unemployed and induling in you luscid necro-fetish.
They way you dismantle this love for the dead is lurrid.
Start telling yourself postive things, even if you have to step to the lowest of the low to do such.
You have do to do what you have to do.
Simple

Quit! What an awful place to work in. This necro-stuff is fantasy. Real-life death is ugly, repulsive, disgusting and not cute or pretty at all. Personally, I try to avoid the real photos section. 99% of it isn't cute at all. I like the fake stuff much better, along with the fiction writing. No thank you; I'd never work in a morgue or anything like that...

Real corpses are awesome, real naked dead guys on tables...

BEAUTIFUL

But when they start to rot and melt you don't want to be in one room with a rotter.

I've actually considered becoming a mortician.
I wanna test to see if I can handle it.

Morgues in the US are much better so you have a good chance of becoming a morgue worker....for mortican you need special training.

Why do you say their much better Meaty?
What kind of special training?
I'm seriously interested in trying this out...

Better because of better equipment, better refrigeration and protective clothing for the personnel.

They don't have enough fridges here and dump the bodies on a pile and leave them until they melt.

You can find the qualifications you need to become a mortican in the US on the internet.

That horrendous!
I can't imagine that Meatpie...
But thanks =D

Back