Such an astounding image of death. Such a shame. This human being lies burned in the ashes, his skin cooked into patterns exactly the same as the burnt ground around him, like a copperhead lying in dead leaves, all in a common state with the ruined plants and the scorched earth. The sweet air he once breathed has become smoke rising from his mouth, giving mute testament to the intense pain of burning he has suffered, the destroying fire he has breathed. Is it possible that we are seeing his last breath? We can't even tell what his race had been an hour before, whether his house had been nice or not. Whether he still lives. In this moment, everything about him has been unmade. If you tried to lay your hand on his chest, he would be too hot to touch, like a roast that's just been pulled out of the oven. I think all these things and so much more. I should just shut up and touch myself. Meatpie, the pictures you find have such poetry. I usually can't even describe them, I don't even try. I just say, "wow". Do you know what the story behind this is? It's amazing.

Back