My country

• Love it!

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters
russia is not bad,,,a lot of blonde handsome guys here,, and guys here love to wear black socks, which is my fetish,,,,i wish i could sniff it the whole day and choke the sock's owner,,,

Mexico is not bad, but at this time violence here is realy disturbing. Drug cartels rules here, there is a lot of insecurity, and lots of dead people everyday. Anyway I enjoy a lot living here.

Drug cartels rules here, there is a lot of insecurity, and lots of dead people everyday.

Have you considered taking up a morgue job, if I lived in Mexico I would definately want to work in a morgue, lots of hot fit dead young guys.

Yes I have consider that I can work as volunteer. But at this point I'm in fact close enough to dead bodies.

I hate Hong Kong.

Many young people don't see a future, especially on buying a home (Even some middle-class can't afford a flat as it's just so damn expensive), getting a good job (Thanks to the new education system, the university students have been devalued and even after you've graduated from the university, you can't get a high-quality job) and the political development (The government is making no effort to develop REAL democracy, and even after we can first be able to vote for our leader in 2017, the results can be controlled by the PRC as China may veto against the election results.)

And the society is heavily based on finance, so if you want to have music, art, history or language studies etc for your career, just forget about it....... (You will be forced to be a teacher, which can be the only job choice.)

Furthermore, ever since Hong Kong had been given back to China after 1997 from the British, many old British colonial history and culture have been disappeared. What's more, from the press freedom index, the ranking decreased from 18 in 2002 to 58 in 2013!!

Along with having the highest Gini Index in the developed world, Hong Kong really sucks a lot........

Last edited:
Most of the things you say about Hong Kong are valid for many other nations across the world.

In Europe university education doesn't guarantee you will get a well-paid job either and most young people cannot afford to buy their own homes.

In Bulgaria you have to work for 20-30 years to save enough money to afford an apartment in a block of flats.

I think today's Hong Kong is suck, when I compare the live with the British colonial times.......

In the old times (Like say 70s or 80s), because there were 2 open exams in Form 5 and 7 (Age groups of 16 and 18) and the two frequent exams made getting into university very tough. During those times, when you worked hard enough, you could enter into universities and had a good future.

Two years ago, the government had issued a new education system, which cuts the two open exams into one in Form 6 (Age group of 17). The chance of getting into university increased to 18% nowadays, devaluing the university students. What's more, the government allowed the private companies and universities to open High Diplomats for students who can't into universities, but due to the lack of monitoring, the quality of these diplomats are very poor. That's why even you work hard in the High Diplomats, with the exception of civil servants, most of companies won't hire students graduating from High Diplomats.

And on the fields of buying a property, in the old days, buying a flat was easy if you were relatively rich. If you were poor, the government could provide you public housing with low rents. Nowadays, because of the constant flipping of flats by the rich people from PRC, property prices are like daylight robbery. For young people, it's worse, not only they can't afford private flats, their income is too high for applying public housing, so they have to live in these dangerous and poor quality housing like these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xGCacMMAdc

The government is doing a little about it, due to the "Big market, small government policy".........

And the political factor, it's worse. In the 1980s, due to the emerge of middle-classed and educated people, they started to voice out the development of democracy. The British government was quite sincere about this, a rapid development of establishing democracy in just 10 years!! (In wide aspects, from District Council, Urban Council to Legislative Council) And in 1992, the British had already planned for a radical democracy reforms (including the RIGHTS TO VOTE FOR OUR LEADER), but it was just the strong opposition from China that forced to reform to halt........

After giving back Hong Kong to China in 1997, the political development almost came to a halt. Even we had demanded for greater scale of reforms, the current government is just doing nothing about it. Now, even though the government promised to deliver reform in 2016 and 2017, many Hong Kongers are afraid the PRC has the power to veto the election results on electing our leader, no REAL democracy.

What's more, after the 4th June incident in 1989 in China, most Hong Kong people were afraid and opposed to return to China. It was just the PRC government ignoring the wishes of Hong Kong people, and accused the British government "tried to make use of Hong Kong citizens' interests to refuse to give Hong Kong back to China." Now, many Hong Kong people have no confidence on the politics and the Chinese government........

Menomonee falls/Granville in cool but I prefer our homes in dallas or Miami.......

Canada is a good place to live, especially if you are gay. Not happy about all the immigrants who come from countries that are hung up on religion and therefore are anti gay.They tend to vote against us

Back