Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Stephen-Hawking-with-his--010.jpg

[SUB]Theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking with his sister Mary[/SUB]

At the premiere of a documentary film about his life, the renowned physicist said it was theoretically possible to copy the human brain onto a computer and provide life after the body dies.

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/sep/21/stephen-hawking-brain-outside-body

In the future it would be possible to see your own corpse and even fuck your former body provided your mind is sucessfully transferred to a computer in advance.

Humans will finally get rid of biological death and become immortal machines.

But what will necros do then?

Discuss.

In the future it would be possible to see your own corpse and even fuck your former body provided your mind is sucessfully transferred to a computer in advance.

Humans will finally get rid of biological death and become immortal machines.

But what will necros do then?

Discuss.

Meat Pie

After an hour of pondering over this question, I am ready to discuss.

By becoming Immortal machines you mean robots?

If so, then Necro's will be divided into two groups, those who are still alive physically and those who have become Necro-Robots (died and their consciousness transferred into robots).

There will be most likely a movement against this transference, so groups of people will be living away from this kind of society and creating their own Natural Society and some of the Necros will follow.

Quite a few Necros will be ostracized and outcasted, those Necros who do not return to the main cities will band together and terrorize the Natural Society with their awesome brutality.

Eventually there will hunting parties to eliminate these bands of Necros.

They may eventually succeed in wiping these bands of Necros out.

However, since Necro is a natural desire in some humans, new Necros will take their place an d those new Necros will in turn be ostracized and outcast and hunted and etc.

Necros will always be around cos of this self perpetuating natural cycle of events.

Those who turn into Necro-Robots will be fucking themselves, because they can and find it an awesome development and they will be living the normal lives they had before they were Necro-Robots.

Necro-Robots might apply for positions such as mortuary and other disposal job positions, the officials may even turn a blind eye in regards to these Necro-Robots in these job positions. These Necro-Robots will provide resources to other Necro-Robots and from time to time the officials will do a raid and bust this Necro-Robot ring just to prove to the public that they are not letting Necros run out of control this also acts as a trust tactic with the voting public.

Those Necros who choose to have their consciousness stored in a programme, will be running around causing havoc, due to them killing these newly Immortal humans so they can continue their Necro activity. Their will be a uproar and these Necro elements will be purged and their will be a movement among the Necro-Robots to save their fellow comrades

Only threat to Necros in the future, is the exhaustion of resources to maintain a Immortal Machine World.

This would lead to mass extinction of human consciousness and for those lucky few that know how to transcend death eg, transfer their consciousness, they will transfer this out into the universe or into other dimensions.

The other scenario is what happens if human evolves to the point where they do not need bodies anymore and are floating living streams of consciousness or light?

The Necros (who are now lights or dust) will be devouring the other decaying lights or dust (other dying or dead consciousness) as a representation of fucking the dead and in this scenario they should eventually grow bigger and bigger throughout time and even perhaps growing into a new planet therefore creating new solar systems, planets and life and new necros cue self perpetuating cycle over and over again until this energry rounds out to create another cycle and cue the final existence of the universe.

Last edited:
I don't know man, perhaps we should email proferssor Hawking and ask him about his idea about how exactly mind uploading going to happen.

Whole idea sounds crazy but there is a field of science called computational neuroscience working on these questions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computational_neuroscience

Had no idea what you really meant, therefore picked an idea and ran with it.
The response content is due to the all the scifi shows, movies and books I have read and been influenced by.

Thank you for the link, 1/4 way through the page and found myself enjoying it.

(Hawking) said it was theoretically possible to copy the human brain onto a computer and provide life after the body dies.

:tooth: I can understand HIS motivation for saying so! I would long for something else to live in than his ALS-suffering biological body too.

Seriously that idea is a lot older: Hofstadter pointed out in his book "Gödel, Escher, Bach" that if you can replace just ONE neuron with a mechanical device that will behave exactly like the neuron would (and he thought you could in principle, but he didn't know about neurons continually forming new connections with other neurons yet), then a person's whole mind could be "copied" and that copy would behave as the original person did. Still, I think he was right (and so is Hawking).

In the future it would be possible to see your own corpse and even fuck your former body provided your mind is sucessfully transferred to a computer in advance. Humans will finally get rid of biological death and become immortal machines. But what will necros do then?

:not sure:We would need some sensitive fucking equipment too (no problem I suppose). Just wonder what we'd ejaculate, a lot of tiny transistors?
Necros could flip a switch to shut down the other machine so it 'dies' (automatic state saving included for a later reboot) and have their way with the powerless equipment (not to mention the highly arousing pedestals). Killing is no longer a crime, just a power saving action. I'm all for it!

Sex is in the brain, no need to ejaculate anything as sperm serves the purely biological function of reproduction.

Yeah, I remember a quip by Feynman (famous physicist): "Research is like sex: it has practical consequences, but that's not why we do it.".

:not sure:We would need some sensitive fucking equipment too (no problem I suppose). Just wonder what we'd ejaculate, a lot of tiny transistors?
Necros could flip a switch to shut down the other machine so it 'dies' (automatic state saving included for a later reboot) and have their way with the powerless equipment (not to mention the highly arousing pedestals). Killing is no longer a crime, just a power saving action. I'm all for it!

Wouldn't a few Necros eventually get tired off flipping this switch and end up seeking the real Necro experience?

Back