eagleeye13

Forum Regular
Meatpie, all day today I have been worrying about you, since I heard about the earthquake in Sofia.
I just came online. I pray that you are allwright.
Please, answer as soon as you can.
Your worried friend,
eagleeye13

Just in for a quick check and I didn't find a single post by Meatpie today.
Before I turn hysterical: Meatpie, are you all right?
Be back in six hours.

Hi eagleeye, thanks for your concern.

I had a terrible week and I am still reeling.

The eartquake struck at 3 am, I jumped up and felt dizzy but in the morning we were relieved because we inspected the house we couldn't find a single crack or other damage.

But yesterday a brutal storm uprooted century old trees, damaged our fence and blew the garden shed to pieces.
I have been busy repairing the damage together with my grandmother that's why I can't post. I am sorry. :sad:

I haven't had such a crazy hectic week since my graduation & final state exams in 2007.

everest-ama-dablam.jpg

Thank you although I am sure there will be an even bigger earthquake in the region as Africa pushes north Europe will be squashed and pushed up towards the North Pole.

There is a big chance I may croak in an earthquake. I have been through several and have learnt that panic is your worst enemy during such a catastrophic event.

Yet, I still jumped out of bed too quickly and I felt absolutely dizzy.

The mountain near Sofia is still rising in a process called orogeny.

Not a single city in Europe will survive this epic continental collision, Paris, London, Sofia - all mangled.

The Mediterranean Sea will close and a mountain higher than Everest will rise.

Some say it will be the biggest tallest mountain in Earth's history.

Meanwhile across the shrinking Atlantic ocean the future New York City or what remains of it will start to experience mega earthquakes and tsunamis bigger that the one last year in Japan.

A subduction zone will open just off the East Coast.

Europe and North America will be reunited again! No need to take a plane from London to New York, you will be able to reach NYC from London by car.

In the future there will be no country of India - Everest will keep getting higher and higher and the city of New Delhi will be buried under it.

meatpie is a tough dude who is a survivor..............

I hope Meatpie doesn't get killed in an earthquake. Those victims tend to get all smashed up and burnt. When he final has to die, I want a hot studly corpse left to play with. I can't do much with a bucket of smashed up innards. :smile:

There has just been another one, just 2 min ago again in the middle of the night.

I can't sleep, windows make a horrible noise when it starts and to be honest guys this is really getting on my nerves.

No warning no nothing.

:sad:

A bridge collapsed today during an aftershock.

A car plunged into the river below - the driver, a cute young fit guy swam ashore.

11.jpg

Meatpie
I am very sympathetic as I was in the middle of the worst hurricane in US history in Cutle Ridge, Florida in 2000(?)
I hope your damage wasn't too bad and the mental stress not too great.
I know what it can be like.
Sincere wishes

Hopefully you've weathered all the aftershocks by this time, Meatie :party beer:

Aftershocks may continue for a month or two but they are definately getting weaker - both duration and intensity.

Back