Waikiki

Forum Regular
I was reading in a forum somewhere else that the "Friend of Honor" who beheads the man of shame doesn't use a sword or samurai, but something called a "Katana", which was said to be the most humane way to behead a man. Does anyone know what a katana is or how it differs from a samurai sword?

There is a separate thread about Seppuku - ceremonial Japanese suicide I believe the sword used is a Bushido sword - a slightly curved one handed blade that can decapitate

the swiftest killer, designed to slice through a human hip, can decapitate without the victim knowing.

the swiftest killer, designed to slice through a human hip, can decapitate without the victim knowing.

I found this is a post called Guillotine Facts under search:

I found this & how long it takes the blade to chop off a man's head:

Total weight of a guillotine is about 1278 lbs
The guillotine metal blade weighs about 88.2 lbs
The height of guillotine posts average about 14 feet
The falling blade has a rate of speed of about 21 feet/second
Just the actual beheading takes 2/100 of a second
The time for the guillotine blade to fall down to where it stops takes 70th of a second

I found these facts at http://inventors.about.com/od/gstart...Guillotine.htm
I also found a medical report of consciousness: 13-20 seconds after beheading, unless your'e hyperventiltaing (like I would humping the bascule and losing my head at the height of orgasm, then 45-60 seconds. But you'd never feel the actual blade since the nerves enter the spinal cord below the cut and no signals would reach my brain. Just the intense sensation of the longest orgasm ever as my head rolls and is held up to the crowd!

I always figured that when a dude is beheaded by a skilled swordsman or by guillotine he's never even know his head has been chopped off until it was already rolling, and never be able to feel the actual decapitation, so long as there was a basket for a soft landing. No signals from his body could reach his brain except from his eyes and ears, and "pleasure" chemicals that are released by the time his head stops rolling. A kantana used by a very skilled beheader would make is cool to experience my head flying off my shoulders in an arch and then landing on really thick, soft grass and rolling until my head was picked up, but the guillotine still seems like a safer bet. I can't imagine what the "sensation" of getting my head chopped off in 2/100 second!

I like to imagine the sensation is like a cold numbness where the wound is. You would sense air movement in places where air has never moved before, across your stump :p

Back