Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
t_jpgYHk75eg.jpg

[SUP]I often take long walks and stare at the sun, pondering when and how I am gonna croak[/SUP]

I am in denial of my own death.

All your knowledge, experience, memories...erased forever.

I strongly believe humans of the future will be able to extend their lives greatly still death will come for every being in this mortal universe regardless of their lifespan.

Everything will be crushed out of existence.

How long do you want to live?

Would you like a brain extraction after you die?

Stephen Hawking says that in fifty years we will be able to download the contents of the human brain and in away achieve immortality assuming such a thing is a good idea. as for me I have lived quite long enough and the sooner I am free to exit the better....better to go out in a blaze then to dwindle away like a dying ember......would that I had the funds to engage some hungry executioner to assist me in that endeavor and this I say from the bottom of my heart...in the meantime I enjoy this site and dream the nights away

I agree. It's hard to believe I'm going to die just like everyone else. But that's the reality and I'm none to happy about it either.

I listen to a lot of Eckhart Tolle and Buddhist stuff (my favorite is Ajahm Brahm) online and find it's a good way to help bring about the realization of the difference of form and formless. I'd recommend these teaching to anyone.

As I've gotten older, it becomes more real to me. I see guys my age and younger dying every day. A friend of mine killed himself last week. He is the first suicide among my friends. It shook me.

Every time I get like that, I remind myself, to stop sulking, live for today, keep on doing what drives me (as in my desires and ambitions) and leave a positive legacy behind.

I am mostly not afraid of dying due to I accept that death is inevitable, but I do not want to die before I am ready.
I would hate to die before I accomplish most of the stuff I have set out for me, that would really crushing to my soul.

If it was possible, I would like to extend my life span to I am at least 200 as I feel when I die, I would have only have really started to understand life fully and would want some extra time to live as a wise man.

Brain extraction? only if a option to have a kill switch, might get too depressing being immortal like that.

Last edited:
I would like to extend my life span to I am at least 200

That's entirely possible in the next 20 years human lifespan will increase dramatically.

:great: I wish all your dreams come true by then and you live for long after to enjoy your accomplishments. :tognue2:

That's entirely possible in the next 20 years human lifespan will increase dramatically.

:great: I wish all your dreams come true by then and you live for long after to enjoy your accomplishments. :tognue2:

Meat Pie,

Same to you!!!!:drunk friend:

I think we can live better if we come to terms with the fact we are going to die, when you touch someone else's life in a good way part of you lives on in the deed, whether it is helping a child, an old person, giving your love, dying to save a comrade on the battlefield these acts all ripple through the collective human experience and consciousness.
If lifespans are extended a lot or it becomes possible to download your consciousness into a quantum computer then those of us who believe in an afterlife will have a difficult choice to make, whether to do a download or allow ourselves to die when it is our time and let our spirit go to the afterlife, perhaps this universe's rules don't allow two copies of the same spirit.

If lifespans are extended a lot or it becomes possible to download your consciousness into a quantum computer then those of us who believe in an afterlife will have a difficult choice to make, whether to do a download or allow ourselves to die when it is our time and let our spirit go to the afterlife, perhaps this universe's rules don't allow two copies of the same spirit.

You have got me perplexed and thinking very deeply on this as the are very relevant points.
Mostly likely turn this into one of my comparative beliefs essays as I know I will not be able to get it out of my system until I solve this proposed situation to my satisfaction.

Regardless if two copies of the same spirits can exist at the same time, the rules and laws of this can exist of bending it, eg, copies of ourselves floating in other paths/dimensions due to the decisions we make affecting the outcome of the future eg, Doctor Who, parallel dimensions eg, Sliders (tv series), Butterfly Effect, Sliding Doors.

Some belief systems belief that if you take a photo of someone you capture their souls or part of their soul, therefore this could be another way for two copies of oneself to exist.

If two copies of the soul were possible ( as in physically real), then according to certain belief systems, this would classed as a violation of the natural laws, therefore be deemed a taboo and evil.

Last edited:
I think we can live better if we come to terms with the fact we are going to die, when you touch someone else's life in a good way part of you lives on in the deed, whether it is helping a child, an old person, giving your love, dying to save a comrade on the battlefield these acts all ripple through the collective human experience and consciousness.

@Meat Pie
@KiltedSoldier
and Everyone else

I recommend you watch Cloud Atlas, if you have not already seen it, as it covers this topic very well regarding the ripple effects of our actions on the future. I know both of you will enjoy this film immensely and when you do, I would like both your thoughts on this film, I shall be waiting patiently, cos I know both of your feedback will be awesome to read.
(Thinking which ever of you two get their first, start a new thread on it).

On a personal note, this film has validated my original assumption that one can die and be immortal due to the legacy they leave behind and the ripple affects that is associated with these and have inspired me to try my best to leave a positive legacy behind, then my life would have at least meant something by my ripple affects helping to better the future.

On the other hand, if someone fucks me too much, I do not mind creating bad ripple effects to make them suffer.

I have no fear of death; it's the process of dying which scares me. One is eternal peace - the other is possibly temporal anguish and pain. But if i look on the bright side, I could be hanged by the neck until dead (preferably in public in Iran)

I think we can live better if we come to terms with the fact we are going to die

:agreed:

If lifespans are extended a lot

Don't count on it, ours certainly won't, and for near-future newborns there can't be a big difference either. And unless also the quality of the years after the age of 79 (current life expectancy for adult Dutch males like me) improves I wouldn't want it! No point in a few more demented years.

or it becomes possible to download your consciousness into a quantum computer
That would be interesting, provided we also get mechanical bodies to move around in (and controls to directly stimulate our sexual pleasure center which will have been copied as well). But I'm not at all sure I'd like to live very long. There's a good book by Simone de Beauvoir Tous les hommes sont mortels. Immortality is a curse.

then those of us who believe in an afterlife will have a difficult choice to make, whether to do a download or allow ourselves to die when it is our time and let our spirit go to the afterlife, perhaps this universe's rules don't allow two copies of the same spirit.

Fortunately I don't. To me a spirit (or a soul) is the manifestation of a working brain, and it disappears when the brain stops working (and indeed it changes if the brain is damaged, something inexplicable if you think the spirit exists independent from the brain). So if it is possible to copy your brain onto a (quantum) computer, then you can do it as many times as you like. Hmmm, I wonder how I would get along with all those other mes then :thinking::dunno:

Back