Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

Photos were taken from ground level after the hijacked planes struck the twin towers in NYC but before their collapse.

I've always wondered what happened to those poor passangers on the planes, death was instant no doubt but because of the high speed impact everything was pulverized rather than incinerated.

Amazing high-quality photos, new to me. You can see the full gallery here.

Next to litter those streets will be the scant remains of the hundreds of jumpers who hit the cement at 150mph. Because of 9/11, I no longer feel safe inhabiting any highrise, anywhere, for any length of time. Thanks for sharing these new photos! I wonder where they were hiding for ten years?

These come from a private collection, a dude who witnessed the attacks but apart from that I don't know anything else about the source.

I was studying all the various lumps of flesh in this set of images, and I think I can identify vertebrae sitting on the sidewalk in photo #4!

i was there at the twin towers that july..I went all the way to the top at the restaurant windows of the world and had lunch..The top of it was incased .Unlike the empire state building where the top is open air but they have a big fence that leans in so, people cannot climb over it and then jump off. I know people that were in brooklyn and were watching and saw people jumping out of the building

The aircraft landing gear is pretty easy to identify. But, I myself can see nothing I can identify as human remains. I wonder how the photographer got away in time? Great photos.

Next to litter those streets will be the scant remains of the hundreds of jumpers who hit the cement at 150mph. Because of 9/11, I no longer feel safe inhabiting any highrise, anywhere, for any length of time. Thanks for sharing these new photos! I wonder where they were hiding for ten years?
I've never felt safe in high rises, this reinforced my aversion. Still it's sad I never went up those towers.

I was at the top of Tower One back in 1978 with a school tour group. I remember feeling the building sway slightly, which I was told was normal. I can only imagine how it must have lurched when the jet hit! OMG, those poor people, who would believe this would ever really happen in America. Makes me wonder whats next???

I can only imagine how it must have lurched when the jet hit! OMG, those poor people,

It lurched so much people thought the tower was going to topple over, especially on the top floors.

Back