Cute, Fit Guy who Won £1million in Lottery hangs himself in Leicestershire

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
article-1316845-0B6EA72C000005DC-76_233x394.jpg

A Lottery winner who won nearly £1million five years ago hanged himself at his luxury four-bedroom home.
After winning £867,454 in 2005, Richard Lang, 31, went on expensive holidays and bought expensive cars.
But friends and family were left shocked when he was found dead at his £400,000 house in Broughton Astley, Leicestershire, in May.
Today Richard's devastated mother Yvonne Greenwood, 65, said her son 'just loved life' but 'drank a bit too much'.
She said: 'We know he hanged himself but we have no idea why. It is a mystery. He must have been desperate.
'Richard had no long-standing girlfriend but there had been a succession through his life.
'He was fit and healthy, although he admitted he drank a bit too much, but it was only at weekends with friends.
'He didn't like the limelight but we told him he would be better off being looked after by the lottery people as he was on his own.
'They provided legal and financial advice and, in return, he would turn out for publicity events.'
The British Waterways canal worker won the money with a lucky dip ticket but continued his day job.
He moved out of his mother and stepfather Graham's terraced house in Mountsorrel, Leicestershire, and bought a mansion in a nearby village.
Mrs Greenwood said: 'Richard's death was a massive shock.
'I can't come to terms with it. I've learned to live with it but I still need to find out what happened.
'His friends have spoken of their shock. He was supposed to be going on a cruise in the summer.
'He loved humour and was an avid Terry Pratchett fan. He just loved life.
'He was very sensible with his money - his biggest purchase was the house.
'He came home every weekend. He always called this his home and he called his house in Broughton Astley his hotel.
'He bought it because it was easier to get to work.
'He never took his stuff from here when he moved out. He never really wanted to go.'

Today friends described Richard as a 'man of two halves' who would work during the week, but was a 'party animal' at the weekends.
Andy, a regular at his local pub said: 'Rich was a really top bloke. At the weekends he knew how to party and have fun.

'He loved getting the beers in but he'd always make sure he was on his best behaviour when he saw his mum - he didn't want her thinking he was some sort of lout.
'The truth is though, everyone knew he could be a bit of a party animal. He was a young man after all, who'd won nearly £1million.'
Another friend, named Jason, said: 'Some of the lads used to joke with Richard that he was a miser because he was so careful with his money but he wasn't really.
'He'd always buy a few rounds in at the weekend - that was his time to let his hair down and have a bit of "mad time".
'During the week he was quiet in so many ways, he was a man of two halves.'
At his last publicity event, Richard had said: 'My life hasn't really changed but I suppose I have no money worries now. My friends keep my feet on the ground and I think I'm still sane and normal.
'I gave some money to my family and bought myself a house, just a normal house, though, nothing too extravagant. I've been quite sensible with it. Most of it's in the bank so I can look forward to retirement.
'It's surreal meeting other winners. I remember someone saying they'd bought a castle and someone had bought a Bentley. I could do that but then it would be all gone. You can't just blow it all.’
He added that leaving his job on the canals was never an option.
'I enjoy it and I get to spend my days outside.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Richard-Lang-scooped-nearly-1m-hanged.html

Sad Death

I've been in the Military and retired after 20 years. I was stationed at Dover AFB, DE when the Jonestown people were brought back from their deaths overseas. I worked with individuals as they worked with the bodies for the morgue and saw things that will never be forgotten. I will never understand senseless deaths like this.:dunno::dunno:

Only people who have worked with dead bodies will truly see how precious life is, what a miracle being alive is.

Death is so easy and once you die you remain dead for the rest of eternity.

I would like to hear more about what you saw in those dark days, did you see some cute dead guys?

Back