Tuna

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
I had canned tuna today, it was delicious but poisionous.

Tuna, sharks and other fish high on the food chain have a high concentration of a poisonous compound called methylmercury.

The world's oceans are poisoned and even though I love fish I avoid it because of the high concentration of metal and other chemicals in their bodies.

What is your view on this?

Oily fish like tuna, salmon, mackerel is very good for us - it contains omega oils that are essential fo the brain, and are lacking in many modern processed foods. But yes, some oily fish does contain mercury now - I'd guess that might be particularly bad in the Mediterranean and Black Sea (enclosed seas, lots of industries emptying into them), and i know Japan has had a problem. The official advice in UK is to eat oily fish at least once a week, but not more than twice a week because of the mercury etc - especially if you're pregnant (though Meatpie, I'd guess you aren't pregnant at the moment?)

I had canned tuna today, it was delicious but poisionous.

Tuna, sharks and other fish high on the food chain have a high concentration of a poisonous compound called methylmercury.

The world's oceans are poisoned and even though I love fish I avoid it because of the high concentration of metal and other chemicals in their bodies.

What is your view on this?

You're suppose to check to see where your fish came from.
If it's a deep sea fish and came from the ocean, once a week is the max you should eat.
If it's from local water/near by lake and rivers or streams. , better know what's up stream or near the lakes. Or you will be eating whatever is poluting the waters.

This rule applies to Fresh whole caught Fish.

Canned fish: Your dead Meat. THey'll put anything and everything in a tin.(EVIL GRIN)

Last edited:
I hate fish and anything that smells like one.....

OMG. The guy who would eat anything including Haggis, Hates FIsh????

And I thought you'd eat anything.

THis includes Fish and Chips?

hehehehe (evil laugh)

Last edited:
Everything is either toxic or poisonous. The very oxygen you are breathing can cause lipid and protein peroxidation, or even DNA damages leading to cancer. As long as you keep moderation, eating tuna or some other fish should be safe. I personally avoid "canned" stuff, though. That's another source of heavy metal(s).

Everything is either toxic or poisonous. The very oxygen you are breathing can cause lipid and protein peroxidation, or even DNA damages leading to cancer. As long as you keep moderation, eating tuna or some other fish should be safe. I personally avoid "canned" stuff, though. That's another source of heavy metal(s).

You own a cat don't you?

why don't you go feed your cat.

Last edited:
It is possible that the lining of the cans can dissolve into the food, adding more metallic substances into the food.

Although this is rare, it can happen.

It is possible that the lining of the cans can dissolve into the food, adding more metallic substances into the food.

Although this is rare, it can happen.

Not to meantion the other garbage ppl have claimed to find in the can of Tuna.

Cigarette butts, used bandaids, glass, fish lice, Mice.

bon appétit

i LOVE canned tuna :D

No,. I'm pretty sure it was you.
I'm pretty sure you enjoy PUSSY.

I may because even the smell of it seems much more pleasant than your personality:sm (61):

And frankly I don't get it. Yeah, we are all gay and all that, but where did you come from. A mangina? That sure explains the "unpleasantness".

I may because even the smell of it seems much more pleasant than your personality:sm (61):

And frankly I don't get it. Yeah, we are all gay and all that, but where did you come from. A mangina? That sure explains the "unpleasantness".

You remind me of a bad can of Tuna.
Feed the pussy yet?:)

Still better than road pizza that won't even in the can. I haven't fed pussy or your mangina :)

Road Pizza? Whooo Hoo. Something Original. +1 pts

The rest of your msg makes no sense. so you lose pts for that.

ding. Thank you for playing but change your meds and try again.

Back