Photoshop

jon_b

Forum Elite
Photoshop is reputed to be the world leader in digital image editing. Latest version introduced their de-blurring option - a way of attempting to refocus a blurry image caused by camera shake. I have had the opportunity of working with this for several months now. Undoubtedly it does work - though it depends on its ability to be able to estimate pixel movement (due to the camera shake) and then move all the pixels back to where they should have been. What it won't do is produce a good photo from a bad one. An example is attached - you can see that the photo is sharper but so is the noise - and the jpeg artifacts have been sharpened up as well - but the scene is definitely clearer (eg look at the dead guys tatoos). So another example of trade-offs - with gains and losses. However, this technology may just allow you to rescue an important irreplaceable photo that has run into problems.

Anyway - here is the example - the first has been re-focussed (and the exposure tweaked a little) - the second is the untouched original.

The re-focussed shit is actually more like a painting still a good example and I highly appreciate taking the time to share your experience with us.

I too love Photoshop and have tried many times to improve quality of blurry pics I happen to enjoy but so far without sucess.

:dunno:

Back