COVID-19 Pandemic World Updates

Yes. Some signs of hope - the numbers in Italy may be starting to level off, no sigs yet of any rebound as they start to ease the restrictions in China.

Yes. Some signs of hope - the numbers in Italy may be starting to level off, no sigs yet of any rebound as they start to ease the restrictions in China.

8mLqwr0.png

The death toll in Italy from the coronavirus pandemic rose by 743 intoday up to 6,820, reversing a declining trend in fatalities observed over the last two days.

The number of confirmed coronavirus cases worldwide has gone above 400,000, according to the Johns Hopkins University global dashboard.

The university is recording 18,227 dead.

Apocalyptic scenes in India after the country enters full lockdown for 21 days.

xp4LSKk.jpg

According to this article SARS-CoV-2 causes loss of smell or taste in some people and the damage can be permanent. It is also the only symptom in some young people who had no idea they were affected.

d1rBS7s.png

Quick summary for March 25.

ITALY:
The death toll from coronavirus in Italy rose by 743 to 6,820 on Tuesday, dampening hopes that a slowdown in the rate of deaths on Sunday and Monday would follow a trend.

SPAIN: Death toll in Spain surpasses China.

Spain now has the world’s second-highest tally of coronavirus deaths, after 738 more were reported on Wednesday, the country’s deadliest toll in one day.

With 3,434 coronavirus patients dead, Spain surpassed China’s death toll of 3,285. Italy still has the most deaths of any nation in the world with 6,820.

Infections in Spain also rose 20% from a day earlier to 47,610.

IRAN: Iran reported 2,206 new Coronavirus cases in last 24 hours raising the total number to 27,017, reports my colleague Akhtar Mohammad Makoii.

Spokesman for Iran’s health ministry also announced 143 deaths in the same period raising the total number of deaths to 2,077.

So far 9,625 patients have recovered.

Kiyanoosh Jahanpoor, Iranian health ministry spokesman said 68 % of the deaths are above 60 years old, 32 % are under 60.

Putin has just declared the next week off in Russia and postponed sheduled on April 22 Constitution changings vote.

Thanks for update. Is it true Russian doctors have a treatment for COVID you have just one fatal case?

SPAIN: Death toll in Spain surpasses China.

Spain now has the world’s second-highest tally of coronavirus deaths, after 738 more were reported on Wednesday, the country’s deadliest toll in one day.

With 3,434 coronavirus patients dead, Spain surpassed China’s death toll of 3,285. Italy still has the most deaths of any nation in the world with 6,820.

Infections in Spain also rose 20% from a day earlier to 47,610.

I'm pretty mad at this
Where do I begin ...
Spain is in second position because here people do not take things seriously.
The first thing that the quarantine started late ... the quarantine officially started on March 14, until that day the bars were open, the stadiums full, concerts, cinemas ... everything. When we have been talking about staying at home for days (my last outing was on the 12th to the bank, and then 2 more times to a small store near my house)
When the quarantine began, many people left the cities for the villages, as if it were a vacation, spreading the virus.
5 days ago there were more than 30,000 fines for leaving street without reason.
Last weekend hundreds of cars were fined for leaving the weekend from big cities (such as Madrid, Bilbao, Valencia ...) to second homes in less populated areas. Therefore the focus of the virus spreads further throughout the country.
And also people, because they take the dog for a walk 4 times, go to the supermarket another 4 times, the police continue to close clandestine bars ... they look for the least excuse to go out.

And so we do not solve anything, if we continue like this, we will overcome Italy very soon. And all because of the lack of seriousness, because those who die are only sick and old and some exceptions. when friends and neighbors begin to fall we will wake up, late as always.

I am lucky to live in a remote area, 15 minutes from town, a small rural area, in my house I have my piece of land where I can take a breath and play with my dog. 2 minutes away I have a small store but it has everything. Enough. Without queues, without exhausted products, almost without people ... And even so I leave as little as possible

For now the quarantine is until April 11, but it seems to me naive to think that this would be solved before.

The worst is yet to come ....

Thank you for update and for this dramatic personal account I feel really moved to read this from you....we have been together for so many years.

I read and follow the news but hearing it from you makes a whole lot of difference.

I feel real bad and sad about Spain after reading this.

You are indeed lucky not to live in big city at times like these.

Thanks for update. Is it true Russian doctors have a treatment for COVID you have just one fatal case?
There are two fatalities for now, media say. I havent heard about any treatment but many people believe that doctors often give another diagnosis for infected telling that it is flu or cold. I dont know whether it is true or not.

I have not heard about any successful treatment in Russia, and I think if there was good evidence reliable news sites would be reporting it. From what I have seen, the drug being trialled in Japan is looking the most promising so far. Take care of yourself, Demon.
I am finding it all a bit overwhelming - I had to turn the news off last night after a minute, and I'm barely posting even on threads like this. I need to take care of my mental health!

Hang in there DD.

We've been posting about this virus for weeks but now it has started to affect almost every member of our community, mods and admins alike.

MxsfUjY.jpg

Multiple refrigeration trucks were lined up at the makeshift morgue site along 30th Street and the FDR Drive parkway near Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan.

A priest in the town of Seriate gave a final blessing to 45 coffins today after they were laid out in neat rows in the San Giuseppe Church.

I have not heard about any successful treatment in Russia, and I think if there was good evidence reliable news sites would be reporting it. From what I have seen, the drug being trialled in Japan is looking the most promising so far. Take care of yourself, Demon.
I am finding it all a bit overwhelming - I had to turn the news off last night after a minute, and I'm barely posting even on threads like this. I need to take care of my mental health!
I guess part of the problem is the social isolation however necessary that is. Normally when one is low, when one has a problem then you go to friends and family for a chat, for a hug and cuddle, just for comfort. And this human comfort is what we are being deprived of at the time we need it most. And the uncertainty doesn’t help.
But we WILL also get through to a new normality.
So hang on in there mate. And as I’m sure you know favourite books and music, classical in my case, can be a great help in troubled times.

I guess part of the problem is the social isolation however necessary that is. Normally when one is low, when one has a problem then you go to friends and family for a chat, for a hug and cuddle, just for comfort. And this human comfort is what we are being deprived of at the time we need it most. And the uncertainty doesn’t help.
But we WILL also get through to a new normality.
So hang on in there mate. And as I’m sure you know favourite books and music, classical in my case, can be a great help in troubled times.

Thanks Lindier! Yes, I am reading more (new books rather than old favourites for me, though when I had to wait for a risky operation some years I did reread Lord of the Rings). And I am also playing my favourite music - at the moment it's Pink Floyd for me.
Generally I'm OK, but the harrowing footage yesterday did get to me in a way which was very unhelpful - so I'm rationing my covid-19 viewing, careful not to do too much.
And you take care too, mate!

:heart love:
Hang in there DD.

We've been posting about this virus for weeks but now it has started to affect almost every member of our community, mods and admins alike.

Thanks Meatpie. And you hang on in there too - and don't forget how much you have done for this community over the years - many of us understand and appreciate that. :heart love:

Back