COVID-19 Pandemic World Updates

Moderna sues Pfizer and BioNTech over coronavirus vaccine​

Moderna is suing its US pharmaceutical rival Pfizer and its German partner BioNTech for patent infringement in the development of the first Covid-19 vaccine approved in the United States, alleging they copied technology that Moderna developed years before the pandemic.

Covid Restrictions Finally Lifted in Chinese city of Guangzhou after Violent Protests

Authorities have abruptly lifted Covid restrictions in the Chinese city of Guangzhou, where protesters scuffled with police on Tuesday night, as police searched for demonstrators in other cities and the country’s top security body called for a crackdown on “hostile forces”.

After days of extraordinary protests in the country that also prompted international demonstrations in solidarity, the US and Canada urged China not to harm or intimidate protesters opposing Covid-19 lockdowns.

On Wednesday afternoon, authorities suddenly announced a lifting of lockdowns in about half of the districts across the southern city of Guangzhou. Official announcements told local officials to variously remove “temporary control orders” and to redesignate areas as low risk. They also announced an end to mass PCR testing.

Good evening.

As of 29 December 2022, the pandemic had caused in excess of 6,686,188 confirmed deaths, making it one of the deadliest most lethal pandemics in human history.

We lost a lot of members to this killer disease may they rest in peace we miss our friends every day.:cry:
:facepalm:

I never expected I will write this when I first started this thread everything still feels raw and unreal.

Thousands celebrate the new year in Wuhan amidst China's COVID wave

Police guard an area to avoid mass gatherings during New Year's Eve celebration, amid the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Wuhan, Hubei province, China December 31, 2022.

Thousands gathered in central Wuhan tonight to count down to the start of what many hoped would be a much better year after a "tough" 2022 filled with lockdowns and in December a major new outbreak of the coronavirus.

Many released balloons into the sky when the clocks struck midnight, as per tradition in the central Chinese city where the pandemic began three years ago, before grabbing selfies with their friends.

What is known about new Covid variant XBB.1.5?

Good evening. A new Covid sub-variant is causing some concern in the US, where it is spreading rapidly.

Spraying disinfectant on naked corpses inside a morgue in Russia.

WHO Decalres end of Covid Pandemic

NPOssCo.jpg

Three years after I first posted this thread WHO has finally declared an end to Covid pandemic although the virus is evolving and remains a global health threat, but at a lower level of concern, according to WHO officials.

This thread will no longer be updated and I thank all of you who followed our updates throughout the pandemic years and especially those of you who contributed and didn't allow misinformation and fake news on our forums.

Thank you! Big day today! The virus has lost. :cheerswine:

Well, finally, it is the end.
But I think the correct way to describe it is; the virus still exists, but it no longer matters at all, just like the flu; maybe it will come back in the future, but whatever, it is a good time to have a nice summer holiday.

Back