toptuan

Forum Regular
Notice that's spelled with a zero, not the letter "o." Just Google it to get the gist, especially the g0ys.org site. I'm curious how many of us in here identify with g0ys.

Just Googled it and in some ways I can identify with g0ys, but I like being fucked so that rules me out from being a true g0y! lol

You say tomato, I say tom0to. While I tend to agree with some of their sentiments about the gay community, it seems like they are, ironically, being super dramatic. We all know the stereotyped gay man, but the gay community has always been about accepting all sorts of different kinds of people, and while the super flamboyant model is what gets the most air-time, we all know that only represents a small portion of gay people. Gay cross-dressers and drag queens don't exemplify the whole community any more than straight cross-dressers exemplify all straight people. And trust me, there are PLENTY of straight men who cross-dress. I think the problem is that they're conflating gender identification with gender preference, which is the confusion a lot of straight people seem to have--that somehow being gay has some influence on gender identification. I don't know about you guys, but I've never questioned whether or not I was male. While I'm sure I have my fair share of feminine qualities, I believe that comes from simply being comfortable in my own skin. I consider myself a good combination of both masculine and feminine qualities. These people just seem to be super-masculine, testosterone junkies. And I really don't understand their hatred of anal sex. Plenty of straight people participate in it, too. At one point that guy on g0y.org makes a statement about how anal sex is associated with rape and disrespect, but I'm pretty positive vaginas get raped too. Lol. I guess I also don't really understand their aversion to more feminine gay men, either. What works for one person doesn't work for another. They do all this citing of Kinsey's work and yet seem to conveniently forget one of Kinsey's most important findings--that neither preference, nor gender, is necessarily black or white. Both are scales. Some people are completely gay and some completely straight, even though most people fall somewhere in between the two. Likewise, some people are super feminine, and some super masculine, although most of us, again, are somewhere in between. There's really no point in more labels, like metalmachine pointed out. All they do is breed misunderstanding and hate.

Sorry for the indulgence. Found this very fascinating. Learn something new every day, huh?

Last edited:
Thanks veryblah. I was introduced to this term on another forum years ago and the sentiment by the majority was similar to what you've expressed here.

Really great post veryblah! I think you explained/summed things up nicely...............and the bunny wunnies agree! They had a sub group who started calling themselves 'wascally wabbits' once, but it never caught on, on the whole bunny wunnies (unlike humans) are satisfied and at ease with who they are. Say it loud, long-eared and proud!

Like your post here, V.
I heard about this concept very early, 7-10 years(?) from some Yahoo groups. Kinda surprised it's still there tho...
It's easy for some people to embrace this ... maybe ... because for many of gay people there is always a struggle of identity inside at first -- for me anyway -- it kinda ease you in when you understand that you like your mate but you are not the "typical" gay character in the old movies that everybody laugh about...
Well, now I think it looks a little hypocritical...So a little bit of "rough housing", everybody does that. You don't do anal sex, or any sex at all, as long as you don't feel the needs of it, then good for you...Otherwise, not really healthy...that will still be gay, minus sex... that might be a shame...