An Easy Job

SlasherVictim

Forum Regular
Before you read the story is written in the first person form your point of view.
So you might want to see the following link too see what the kid looks like in the story:
http://blog.awma.com/wp-content/upl...0409237165_4641406684988786753_o-1024x682.jpg
and
http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...ig_cache_key=MTI3NDgzNTAwOTg5Njk1MjQ4MQ==.2.c

Trust me you would not want to fuck with this kid!
Also there is no sexual content in this one as it involves a youth, just an epic death scene for the reader to experience.

An Easy Job:

You're not sure if it's the cold night air that's making your spine tingle or the anticipation. You lick your lips and crouch down, pulling your ski mask over your head. It's just going to be a quick job. In. Wreck the place. Steal some files. Out.

Its part of a long standing dojo rivalry, and five years ago you wouldn't even have considered it. You would have been too proud. You would have had too much honor. That pride disappeared when they kicked you out. So what if you diddled the landlord's daughter a little bit? It's not like she didn't want it. It was mutual. How the fuck were you supposed to know she was fourteen?

You grin, slipping your ski mask over your face. You know the only thing you're going to regret is not being able to see the look on their faces when they see the Dojang in crumbles and all of their weapons missing. You lick your lips and reach into your cargo pocket, producing a small crowbar. It won't have nearly as much leverage as a larger one, but you're sure it'll do the trick.

The frosted grass crunches beneath your shoes as you quickly jog over to the door. You crouch back down and slip the crowbar between the door and door frame, pulling it back toward you. After a deep breath you quickly slam it forward, shattering the side of the door and allowing you entry. Bingo.

So far, so good. You nearly stop to pat yourself on the back, but you're interrupted by a clattering in the next room.

"Yah!" You hear a high pitched voice shout. Oh, shit. There wasn't supposed to be anyone here at this time of night. "Ki-yah!" And that's a ki'hap. Someone is here training. You hear the sound of wood smack into the ground, sending a loud, reverberating clatter throughout the Dojang.

Actually, there was something about that voice that sounded feminine. You smirk, tightening your grip on your crowbar. Whoever it is hasn't noticed yet, and this is the chance of a lifetime. Before it even has a chance to come back to you, you'll be halfway across the country with the money you'll make off this job, so whats the harm in indulging a little bit?

Creeping over to the sliding door of the actual training room, you crack it and peek in. Your smile widens as you see who it is who's training. The Grandmaster's 12 year old son. Heh. No wonder it sounded like a chick. The little gook's balls haven't even dropped yet. Hell, he looks like a short haired little Asian girl. As your eyes scan his lithe body, you almost feel ashamed of the shiver it sends down your spine. Almost.

He yells again as he spins, the bo staff he's training with slicing through the air. It collides with the ground and let's off the thunderous crack you heard earlier. He freezes, holding his position as you slide the door the rest of the way open, smirking as you slip your hands into your pockets. In one fluid motion, he spins the staff into a resting position beneath his arm.

"A little late to be twirling your stick around, eh, kiddo?" you ask, playing around with the crowbar in your pocket. He doesn't even look at you as you approach him. "What? You speak English, don't you? Here, I'll slow it down for you. What. Are. You. Doing. Here. So. Late? Ching Chong chiddy chang?"

You laugh, walking behind him. "Maybe someone should teach you a lesson," You say, lightly running your finger through his hair. He shudders, but doesn't move. You feel your face grow hot and grit your teeth. Who does this little fuck think he is? You tighten your grip on his hair, yanking his head back.

"Say something you little fucking-" in one swift movement he pulls away from you and spins his staff, cracking it against your knees. You cry out in pain and fall to your knees, hurting them even worse.

"What the hell, kid?" You bite back tears and try to stand up again. You're stopped when you feel a heavy thud against the side of your head, sending you back to the ground.

Your head explodes in pain and your vision darkens. The room seems to spin around you. You barely see him unsheath a short wakizashi from his side as he steps up toward you. You try to scoot back, but hit a wall.

"No. Please, man. I didn't mean any harm by it." You put your hands up to shield yourself, but it doesn't help.

Your vision returns to normal in time to see the gleaming blade lunge toward your stomach. A sharp pain shoots through your body as it slides cleanly into you. You cough and a warm, metallic taste invades your mouth.

"Oh god," you sputter. "Pull it out! Pull it-" your eyes meet his and he lifts the blade, cutting through your stomach, only stopping when he hits your bone. You yell out, weakly grabbing at the blade to try to slip it out of your stomach. He twists it sideways and you actually feel it scrape against your spine.

He reaches out with his free hand and slips his fingers under your mask, peeling it off of your face. His gaze snaps away from you as he sees your face, clearly recognizing you. He looks back at you, wrinkling his nose, and takes a deep breath in through his nostrils. He swishes something around his mouth for a moment before spitting a large glob of phlegm onto your face.

You cringe as he slips the sword out of you and fall to your hands. A wet thud echoes in your mind and your head spins. Your head droops and you make the mistake of looking at your stomach to assess your wounds. Maybe you can still get out of this.

Your last thread of hope dies when you see your intestines hanging out of your gaping stomach, splayed across the floor like giant parasitic worms. You heave and vomit onto the floor, causing the kid to take a step back. It splatters, spreading all over your hands, but it won’t stop coming. The sickening sour scent of bile is all you can smell. The shadows of the dojang, blurred through your tears, is all you can see. And finally, the kid’s quiet chuckle is the only thing you can hear. Your face explodes in pain as you feel his shoe connect with your nose, letting off a gut wrenching crack. You fall backwards and land on your side, unable to move. You feel your blood running across your mouth and flowing down your sinuses, but you can’t move enough to wipe it away.

His bare feet almost soundlessly glide across the hardwood floor as he steps up to you and you feel the sole of his foot press into your adam’s apple, cutting off your already sputtering breath. He lifts his foot slightly before stomping down on your throat, crushing your trachea. The edges of your vision blur and for a moment the pain is unbearable. In seconds, though, everything goes dark.

The kid looks down on your body and smirks. He swipes his wakizashi through the air, flicking off the bit of blood that congealed on the blade before wiping it along his pants and sheathing it. He’d have to bleach both later. For now, though, it was the matter of your body. You were a little big to drag away and dump. He sighs, walking to the weapons room. They’re always such a pain to cut apart first. Hopefully the swords are sharp this time.

Superbly written, you've got real talent.
But although as you say there's no sexual content and he's perp not victim, I'd still rather the kid wasn't a kid.

Superbly written, you've got real talent.
But although as you say there's no sexual content and he's perp not victim, I'd still rather the kid wasn't a kid.
My sentiments exactly, deaddirty! This story could have easily been written with an older hero, plus there is the sexual diddling with a 14 year old girl alluded to in the intro.

I mostly had it that way so that the person reading would feel like a total POS being type cast as a pedo.
The only thing people hate more then a traitor is a pedo, so that is why the reader gets to be written as both.

Having a kid destroy them, avenging his family, makes it even more embarrassing. I think this makes the reader extremely pathetic.
My whole goal here was the degrade the reader's first person character, and make them basically a massive piece of garbage that deserves the death.

The kid is not the perp, the kid is the hero of the story. There was no sexual content in this of course and I had no intention of adding any. There was only a hint to the fact that the reader once did that in the past along with other scummy stuff.

In the end it was just an excuse and way to set up the reader who may otherwise be a good person for an epic and very embarrassing and shameful death scene.

I apologize if it was taken wrong.

Also I am not the sole author to the stories I post, nor did I ever say I was. I am merely a collaborator and perhaps one may even say I am the project manager.

I do think the concepts up, and I do come up with more of a rough draft. I write out the characters back stories, the death methods, and a lot of the back story. I try to get flaws for each character, and I try to make them more multi-dimensional. Nothing drives me more crazy then one dimensional characters in stories.

From there I work with a friend who is a much better writer then me and he takes the mishmash of diarrhea I spill out and we make the stories much better, much more defined and much more coherent. Basically he takes the idea's and plot that I spew out, and makes it into well written pure gold. He can add setting and is better at describing setting then me. I may be good at describing people, but I am terrible at describing setting, and especially terrible at setting mood. I can use his strengths for this, as well as his much better grammar skills to formulate a better product. I would say the stories are getting a few drafts each time which bounce between us before the final draft is submitted. Nothing has ever been perfect the first few times.

After that the final draft sits in an art group elsewhere and people read them, rate them and offer feedback. Oh yeah, it is not finished after that either. Because after it sits in that group changes are sometimes made again, if something even better is suggested and I like it. After that the stories may or may not find their way here.

So there is a lot more effort involved then it might seem. I would say multiple hours of work, even for a short story like this one. This one maybe took a couple days, however "The Forest for the Logs" story that I posted took over a month and a half. It was started in Mid June and finally finished on the August long weekend.

As far as this story "The Easy Job" I expected a better approval, but considering it was the shortest written, and least time intensive story I am not disappointed with the reception.

I don't really believe in posting a story unless it is ready, because in my opinion good stories will live on long after any of us do.
Stories are a nice way to immortalize myself, or my friends who help me, as they are ideas we formed that many people will get to share and enjoy.
If the stories are shit, then nobody will continue to read them.

OK, I owe you an apology - you were doing something far more sophisticated than I had realised. But perhaps the fact that both Hangtime and I didnt get that says something - best to avoid 12-year-olds, too easy to be taken the wrong way. And thou'gh I'd agree that 'perp' isn't the right term, to me he's not 'hero' either - that level of ice-cold violence may be skilful but it's not heroic to me. You are writing and thinking within a consistent martial arts philosophy (perhaps a very specific one?) that I can recognise but not share or fully understand, and Im sure I'm missing quite a bit as a result.
When I write creatively (not remotely to your level, and i don't try it often) I do it in a very different way. I normally start att the beginning and work through to the end, then check it and revise as little as possible. That way, if it's worked the way I wanted it to, it flows, whereas once I start making any major alterations I lose the flow and find it very hard to get it back - if I was going to write the changed or inserted part that way from the start, i'd have written the previous part differently.
It's good to have you on the site - your work is distinctive, and seriously skilled.

I hope I did not come across as arrogant with my post, or trying to sound somehow intellectually superior or on a better level.
I also certainly never meant to demean the work of anyone else.

I honestly have a problem with excessively nit picking of stuff before it gets finalized. I am a perfectionist and it is annoying. I really was not meaning to value my work higher then any other person's works. I literally joined the site just to get the joy of reading what others may say about the stories. Positive or negative feedback are always welcome.

As far as being so picky, I have another story from almost a year ago that I am not happy with at all, so I may decide to post it later.
Maybe it is not as bad as I think. It certainly as not seen more then a single revision.

I sure hope I did not insult anyone.

I'm certainly not insulted.
Yes, it's all too easy to be too perfectionist and never post/publish anything because it is not yet perfect - but nothing ever is!
Go for it - post that story.

It is another first person view story, where as the reader you are made despicable again. (sorry about that)
This time the reader takes the place of a racist, who with his best friend is tortured, and forced to do some pretty bad stuff by his victim. I will post it soon, but I will space out my postings for a bit. Too much will leave me dry of material as it takes much longer to produce a story then to post it. :p

SlasherVictim, you have once again written a good story...this one short and to the point.
Thank you for explaining "the process" of creating fictional stories. I had no idea that it required that much time.

Back