Guest viewing is limited

Life

I hear the final sounds of my life
Echoes of sorrow, memory and pain
Shattered shards of past joys
And broken promises

Oh life isn't everything...
 
wtf
 
A late summer afternoon many decades past
A southern funeral home, potpourri dried flowers
And other dead things like beetles and ancient fly husks
On dusty window ledges looking out over a water starved lawn

His body lay there with no one to view it
He would have cried a tear had he yet lived
His calm visage so different to his exit strategy
Elton John plaintively croons via the stereo system

Life, isn't everything... isn't everything, isn't everything...
 
Beautiful poetry, in both posts.
Did you write this? It's awesome.
 
Hello,

I am a Necro-poet. This creation is based on the legendary death piece 'Song for Guy' by Elton John.
 
Hello,

I am a Necro-poet. This creation is based on the legendary death piece 'Song for Guy' by Elton John.

Yeah, I know the song, with only the words 'Life isn't everything'.
Your texts are a beautiful elaboration.

If you have other poems please share them, I'd love to read them.
 
Abortion in the Waves...



The silver waters wash me clean
I see through a mirror darkly gleaming
A beautiful man in red, he stares at me unknowing
That I have never felt more alive, never known such love

Like a distant siren I call to him
Raise me up my love! And hold me in your warm embrace
And he does so! His strong arms and surest hands claim me
Up, up, up! I surge, his concerned eyes scan me and find nothing

I wish I could talk to you, I wish you would kiss me
But even you realize it's too late, I no longer exist in your reality
Your lapis eyes search mine you blink slowly, shaking your head
Don't sorrow for me my love, for I go to join the children of Neptune

My body is a new creation, a spirit of the sea
A shell of sounds, a crab in the mouth of the dead
My final mother the ocean spews me out of her reluctantly
And thus I am borne back into the world of blinding light, stillborn
 
Last edited:
I have rarely been able to appreciate a poem, so, whether its Robert Frost or jjptex, I just don't get it. However, I have no doubt jjptex is talented, since PiercedChest says he is.
 
Back
Top