Guest viewing is limited

Mississippi enacts law 2 deny service 2 gays

I'm not even gay and I agree
There going back in time.

You hit the nail on the head. I hope our outgoing idiot aka Obama does not try to pull this shit.
 
I don't think it's right to deny service due to religion race or sexual orientation
Only acceptable reasons would be on proper attire like no shoes in a restaurant inappropriate behavior being drunk exc.
 
I understand that Bruce Springsteen has cancelled a concert in North Carolina in protest at that states new law requiring transgender people to use toilets toilets based on their gender at birth rather than their true gender. Good for him and North Carolina should be ashamed.
 
Religion is the real evil in the world. It breeds backwoods religious hicks in the USA, religious fanatics like Isl, or Isis world wide. More people have been killed because of these religious idiots that base their life beliefs on some fairy tale books, man made, that insane people claim to know the true meaning of and preach it. I hate them all . Their tiny brains do not think, they do not use reason and science. Why they have survived this long is beyond me. They are too stupid and ignorant to live.
 
I agree with you that religion can do harm. The inquisition. Isis, ted Cruz for example. But again it has also provided a framework for a good life. The Ten Commandments for example or the sermon on the mount.
I don't think it is the religion itself which is at fault,rather those who twist and corrupt in in the interest of their own bigoted views. Reformed and liberal people can use religion for good, e.g. The idea of giving charity was originally a religious obligation.
 
I agree with you that religion can do harm. The inquisition. Isis, ted Cruz for example. But again it has also provided a framework for a good life. The Ten Commandments for example or the sermon on the mount.
I don't think it is the religion itself which is at fault,rather those who twist and corrupt in in the interest of their own bigoted views. Reformed and liberal people can use religion for good, e.g. The idea of giving charity was originally a religious obligation.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...nts-are-morally-superior-to-ten-commandments/

giving a superior moral code to the ten commandments, first link destroys the idea that the ten commandments are a good moral code much less law.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/camelswithhammers/2011/09/the-evils-of-the-sermon-on-the-mount-part-1/

pretty much shows how immoral the sermon on the mount is.
neither are good laws or ideas even.
 
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...nts-are-morally-superior-to-ten-commandments/

giving a superior moral code to the ten commandments, first link destroys the idea that the ten commandments are a good moral code much less law.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/camelswithhammers/2011/09/the-evils-of-the-sermon-on-the-mount-part-1/

pretty much shows how immoral the sermon on the mount is.
neither are good laws or ideas even.

These laws would do more harm than good. Econimally they will cause companies to either shut down factories, cancel concerts, ect.
 
Zonmoy
I agree that the seven tenets of satanism as propounded would lead to a tolerant society. But isn't satanism itself a religion in which case all we would be doing is comparing alternative religious obligations
 
These laws would do more harm than good. Econimally they will cause companies to either shut down factories, cancel concerts, ect.

Not sure I follow your logic here. The tenets as propounded ought not by them self create a problem. I'm assuming they prohibit murder and theft and expect you to treat others justly and with compassion. Indeed it could be argued that they might create a better world.
I certainly would have no problem with them but consider that they are in fact an alternative religion with satan substituted for God. But then they are a religion with satan the supreme being.
 
Not sure I follow your logic here. The tenets as propounded ought not by them self create a problem. I'm assuming they prohibit murder and theft and expect you to treat others justly and with compassion. Indeed it could be argued that they might create a better world.
I certainly would have no problem with them but consider that they are in fact an alternative religion with satan substituted for God. But then they are a religion with satan the supreme being.

I should have been clearer if these laws are allowed to stay as they are and are not repealed. These laws will cause companies not to do business in the states that have these laws.

An example is, when North Carolina passed a law like this PayPal pulled out of a multimillion dollar project that would have created 500 jobs, same thing with the Bruce Springsteen concern, pulling out of that will cause economical problems for the city that was supposed to host it.
 
Everyone should pull out , and those backwoods hicks can read their dam bibles in the dark molesting each other. Eventually they will starve after eating all the squirrels, raccoons, and possums in the area.
 
depends on if its a theistic or atheistic atheist group. I believe the church of Satan is an atheistic satanist group.
 
Hi jbarn
Sorry. I think I have made the false assumption that you were commented on the satanists ethical thread which seems to have conjoined with the one discussing the Mississippi and North Carolina intolerance.
Of course you are perfectly night when you say that passage of laws such as those affecting th rights of gay or transgender persons should have an adverse effect on the economy of such states. Indeed I hope it does if that's the only way to encourage rights for all minorities. Bruce Springsteen is great for taking the stand he has.
Sorry for my confusion.
 
Last edited:
Hi jbarn
Sorry. I think I have made the false assumption that you were commented on the satanists ethical thread which seems to have conjoined with the one discussing the Mississippi and North Carolina intolerance.
Of course you are perfectly night when you say that passage of laws such as those affecting th rights of gay or transgender persons should have an adverse effect on the economy of such states. Indeed I hope it does if that's the only way to encourage rights for all minorities. Bruce Springsteen is great for taking the stand he has.
Sorry for my confusion.

Its ok, I should have made it clearer my views were from an economical standpoint and not a political one.
 
Back
Top