★ Movies and TV Series Buzz and Discussion ★ [ARCHIVED]

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore – Official Trailer​

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore release date announced a few hours ago April 15, 2022.

I haven't seen any movies outside of the original series yet. And that I see the original once every year or every two years (the first two make me lazy, I find them childish now). I'll have to give it a try and see this part of the saga.

★ The Best Films of 2021 ★

It’s been nearly two years since the COVID-19 pandemic transformed the way the world does everything, from washing one’s hands to watching movies. Before the outbreak, the aptly named “No Time To Die” was supposed to open on April 10, 2020. By the time it finally reached screens more than 18 months later, audiences were asking themselves whether it was worth it — whether the communal theatrical experience was a gamble they were willing to take.

Check out Variety's Picks for Best Films of 2021!

Peter Dinklage Says Ignoring ‘Game of Thrones’ Outrage Was Impossible: ‘We Offended a Lot of People’​

"If you appeal to everyone you’re doing something wrong."

Peter Dinklage admitted to The Sunday Times that he misses Tyrion Lannister, the fan favorite “Game of Thrones” character he played for eight seasons. Dinklage picked up a record four Emmy Awards for supporting actor in a drama series thanks to his performance, plus earned a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild prize.

“I do miss Tyrion,” Dinklage said. “He was just lovely, funny and the writers were smart to not only give him the joke that ends up on a T-shirt, but also have him be more than that — in a world prejudiced against him. Every season we’d get all 10 scripts at the start, like a novel. I’d go through them ravenously. Not to find out if my character died, but just to enjoy it. It was really such a joy.”

Tyrion stopped being tyrion from season 5. And much of the protagonists too, precisely when there were no more novels to adapt.
Season 6 is acceptable for being that of internet theories. all happened after this, all we know it
I was not offended, I was disappointed. The first 4 seasons are masterpieces, while the 7 and 8 are a joke. Lots of special effects but very poor storyline

I am now watching the Vikings series.

I'm in season 4, but I've known the main character's big spoiler for a long time.
I like it a lot, (I'm quite a fan of ancient cultures and their Celtic, Norse, Greek mythologies ...) although sometimes I do see it a bit predictable at certain points, besides that everything progresses very fast. I also see that certain characters are not 100% defined. Anyway,
But Im still arriving to the middle of the series.

I also highlight the photography and the setting and of course the soundtrack. I think it's how little good there is on Netflix.

And as a result of this I also say that in a short time a spin off will be released. in February 2022
And the story will happen 100 years after Vikings.

I'm not a big fan of spin offs so it's probably late to see it.

I am watching the main series now because I have finished and I do not have to wait a year between seasons

SHOWTIME
Dexter: Fresh Blood
Sad to see him die. Will miss his hot body, that body that seems to have gotten hotter with time. :this isnt happening
Hopefully, Harrison will carry on with the 'dark passenger'.
Outraged that the 'cunt' brought him down. If Dexter had been gay and stayed away from women, he'd still helpfully be executing the real serial killers with finess.

Downton Abbey: A New Era

Downton Abbey: A New Era is an upcoming historical drama film and the sequel to the 2019 film Downton Abbey. Both films were written by Julian Fellowes, the series creator and writer of the television series of the same name, with the sequel film being directed by Simon Curtis, replacing Michael Engler who directed the first film. The film is scheduled to be released on 29 April 2022 in the UK by Universal Pictures, and on 20 May 2022 in the US and Canada.

Lord of the Rings: the Rings of Power

Amazon Studios is due to launch its Lord of the Rings prequel TV series in September this year. Not much is known about it yet, other than the title – Lord of the Rings: the Rings of Power, some first looks, a teaser-trailer, and that it will be set in the Second Age of J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle Earth timeline.

The Second Age will not be all that familiar to audiences of Peter Jackson’s film adaptations of Tolkien’s novels, which take place in the Third Age, many thousands of years after the events featured in The Rings Of Power. But the books, including Lord of the Rings, The Silmarillion, and the lore-heavy Unfinished Tales and The History of Middle-Earth provide us lots of background to the history of the Second Age.

Obi-Wan Kenobi trailer: Ewan McGregor returns to role in Star Wars show​

Set 10 years after the events of Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, this highly anticipated Disney+ show stars McGregor, back in his role as jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi. The show is set to explain how he came to be living in exile on the planet Tatooine, watching over a young Luke Skywalker.

Will Smith Smacks Chris Rock on stage at the Oscars, Drops F-bomb​

Obi-Wan Kenobi TV Series Trailer

Marvel Studios' Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - Official Trailer

So many exciting new trailers last couple of days! HBO also revealed a fiery “House of the Dragon” teaser trailer today and nine character posters featuring the leads for the “Game of Thrones” prequel series. :cheerswine:

It doesn't look bad, but spin offs make me a bit lazy.

Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt that it will become what the main series was, since it had the A Song of Ice and Fire saga as its main guide. On the other hand, House of the Dragon, without being a bad book, is not that complete.

What I see lately is too many spin offs that want to continue taking advantage of past successes.

For me, for example, Vikings Valhalla was a bit disappointing. No character ever has the charisma of Ragnar, Lagertha, Floki, or Athelstan.

Something similar happens to me with the next series that is going to come out set in the world of The Lord of the Rings, the trailer looks very "white" and very politically correct, but pretty good CGI. I also don't know what it can contribute to the world of Tolkien without being based on a specific novel.

Anyway I will give House of the Dragon a chance, with low expectations, I hope it surprises me. Visually it is very good and if they have George R.R. Martin as a writer, I don't think he'll accept any nonsense.

Avatar: The Way of Water - Official Trailer

Game of Thrones vs Lord of the Rings: who will win the epic battle of the spin-offs?

Hundreds of millions of dollars have been flung into making prequels of the fantasy franchises. But which will triumph? Or, with no familiar characters, could both end in disaster? Read in full from the Guardian link below.

Both series look great visually in trailers. But it must also be said that they are series that want to take advantage of the pull of the original products. I doubt that it will surpass the Lord of the Rings trilogy or the first 6 seasons of Game of Thrones.
In addition, both are series set in those worlds, but Rings of power is not an adaptation of any book. So on the subject of the script I have many doubts; just watching all the filler of The Hobbit (which could have been perfectly a single 2 hour movie and not a trilogy) and the last 2 seasons of GOT that were totally made up. There it is seen that the quality of authors of books vs series writers.
In House of the Dragon if I have a little more faith, since it adapts a novel by George RR Martin (although 900 pages I don't know how many seasons it will give... maybe they include new plots)
I hope I'm wrong in what I say and they surprise me for good, and not only are they millionaire series full of CGI and forced inclusion, and then the script is "the usual story"
And just because it is a spin off or one of the most famous series, and a series based on a world well known as Tolkien, the expectations are very high.

I hope they do well and do not disappoint. With Vikings Valhalla I was very disappointed

Back