Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Pics taken yesterday, Jan 26 2012 after heavy snowfall.

DSC_8944-vi.jpg

DSC_9016-vi.jpg

DSC_9017-vi.jpg

DSC_8978-vi.jpg

DSC_8943-vi.jpg

DSC_8965-vi.jpg

DSC_9014-vi.jpg

Beautiful pictures. Something about snow making cities just so pretty, like time standing still. I have been to Sofia once, but it was still during communism in the 1980's. I am sure it is a totally different place nowadays.

Beautiful pictures.

If you get snowed in for a longer period of time:
read about the ordeal the Dutch explorer Willen Barentz went through in the winter of 1596-1597,
having to hibernate with his crew on Nova Zembla (above the Arctic Circle) in the "Behouden Huys" (preserved house).
He died there, but several of his crew survived and returned (the diary of Gerrit de Veer is worldfamous in the whole of the Netherlands).

The waters south-west of Nova Zembla are called the Barentz Sea in his honour.

I have been to Sofia once, but it was still during communism in the 1980's. I am sure it is a totally different place nowadays.

It has become a vibrant city with busy night life, lots of gay bars and handsome hairy guys!

It's also excellent for sport from bicycling to skiing although air quality is poor in winter months because of fog and smog.

Those are some pretty nice pictures
It reminds me of Canada. :)
Must be pretty chilly lol

Wow! Handsomely! Unthinkable delicious ... Snow, buildings, night ... Thank you showed these photos! I am impressed!

Back