Major Design Changes 2020

Meatpie - I can't find the old groups or photo albums, is it that they are not on the new system yet?

And I'm not getting email notifications of conversations (as they now are) - does that no longer happen?

Meatpie - I can't find the old groups or photo albums, is it that they are not on the new system yet?

We couldn't transfer them successfully and both the albums and groups are lost.

And I'm not getting email notifications of conversations (as they now are) - does that no longer happen?

In your profile options click preferences and put a check in "Receive email when a new conversation message is received".

Thanks Meatpie.

We couldn't transfer them successfully and both the albums and groups are lost.
Does this mean my 300 Carcel drawings are lost?
And all of the groups and their photos?

Yes, both the entire gallery and the old social groups were lost in the transition we tried to salvage as much as we could but it just didn't work out as we hoped. We deeply regret this loss and we apologize to all members who made their beautiful contributions over the years.

Work on the site continues but things are more stable now. The entire redesign has cost us greatly financially.

Elite members can start new photo albums and social groups with improved options and much faster uploads.

That is a real shame! At least on Friday, individual albums were still accessible by a link - someone sent me a link to his self-pics and it worked. And links from old posts still worked too. So maybe some members can salvage their album contents and reupload into new albums?

I am afraid not, we have placed redirects from the old site so even if you click on the correct link you will be redirected to the new albums page.

Meatpie, can you explain again for new members, and old ones like me who simply forgot, about reaction score, points, and media items? Thanks.

Reaction score is the total number of positive reactions minus the total number of negative reactions a user has received primarily through the like button. The system also automatically awards membership levels taking into account your total post count.

Users with high reaction score and post count are awarded free elite membership.

Sorry that those Carcel drawings have eviscerated themselves - but hey, CDG is still here. I tried logging in today on old links in my emails - the search result was error 404... I thought you'd gone for ever! But you're back, I'm back - result! All the best ;-)

I think the new site is great except for one thing. On the old site we could choose to make attachments private to only members (including thumbnails) but on the new site thumbnails are visible to nonmembers which makes them easy to find with an image search. I know a lot of us post nice finds from social media sites (Facebook, Instagram, etc) and I worry that these pictures can now be traced which might lead to some grief if someone finds their pictures on here through an image search. Can hiding thumbnails from nonmembers be something we can choose as an option?

Thank you for your feedack we will consider your suggestion.

:good job: I :heart love: the new & improved CDG !:good job:
:Rock2::stroke::messy hair::hat::winner::mates::begger::curtsey::group::number one::excellent::dancing:

Last edited:
Thanks Lar. Notice we also have zero spambots since we introduced new advanced security measures across the site.

I have a question, does this new desing feature a Dark mode? I find the white background very tirying for the eyes.
Besides that, love the changes! Thenew search engine is great!

Thank you for your feedback a dark style is currently in development.

The changes look really good! Thank you for all of your hard work, and congratulations on twelve years... here's to another twelve
:cheerswine:

Back