Game of Thrones Prequel ‘House of the Dragon’ Is Looking Spectacular, HBO Chief Says

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
LOMDfDJ.jpg

One question follows HBO and HBO Max content chief Casey Bloys gets everywhere he goes: What’s up with all those “Game of Thrones” spinoffs?

Bloys told Variety that he has been surprised by the number of people who believe that there are multiple “GOT”-related series in active production. For the record, “House of the Dragon,” a prequel that takes place 300 years before the events depicted in “GOT,” is the only spinoff that is real so far. “GOT” author George R.R. Martin is helping to oversee development on at least six other projects, including an animated series.

” ‘House of the Dragon is the only one shooting,” Bloys says. “All the other ones are in various stages of development. People may think we have 10 series shooting at the moment. There’s one that will be on the air in 2022. We’ll see how the other scripts come along.”

I love Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire. I don't know if this will measure up. Already seasons 7 and 8 of GoT were mediocre. What is clear is this will not be half as successful than his predecessor.

I am also a big fan and started watching Game of Thrones from the first episodes in 2011 when almost no one knew about it or even talked about it.

While the last season especially the finale was disappointing I believe House of the Dragon has the potential to surpass GOT in popularity because George R. R. Martin is again helping with the episodes just like in the first several seasons of GOT which were critically acclaimed.

I rewatched all of them in 4K the first couple of seasons are gorgeous in 4K.

While the last season especially the finale was disappointing I believe House of the Dragon has the potential to surpass GOT in popularity because George R. R. Martin is again helping with the episodes just like in the first several seasons of GOT which were critically acclaimed.
Hahaha, and meanwhile I'm waiting for "Winds of Winter"...
I hate the author doing that, prioritizing other things over the main book series.

Something similar is also doing Patrick Rothfuss with "The Kingkiller Chronicle". I've been waiting for the third book for years, but since there is supposedly a series in the pipeline, and maybe is the reason because he doesn't release the book

Back