Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
adigGmB7.jpg

This beautiful model was killed in a high-speed BMW crash outside Sofia on July 16, 2013. His brain was extracted on his birthday and he had an open casket the next day.

Before the funeral his parents were given tranquilizers because they couldn't stand on their feet. In total five white caskets were laid out in a small town square next to each other.

A day before he was killed Stenly, 19 received a letter that he got his dream job that he had been hoping to get for months. Sadly, he never got word that a letter has arrived.

His parents delayed it until his birthway and were happy waiting for him at home getting ready to throw a huge party and the letter was supposed to be his birthday surprise along with other presents.

The dead dude was given food during the funeral: A huge bread wrapped in nylon with candle on top and boiled wheat called koliva. Honey was also served.

Orthodox Christians consider koliva to be the symbolic of death and resurrection.

The food is consumed after the corpse is buried. Funeral customs here are horrific. When I was a kid I refused to eat at funerals and old ladies hated me for being different.

As of 2012 I nibble at funerals but I don't understand why this is done and don't accept it.

If I croak before my parents they will bring me bread and wheat and put next to my casket, can you imagine? Pic is proof.

:green puke:

In Scotland there is often a wake after the funeral where drinks and sweetbreads are consumed.
Military funerals are a ritual - the soldier's final parade. Soldiers are buried in dress uniform in a coffin.
It is dignified but I don't like seeing the soldier's family wailing and crying. Most of us would prefer to be buried at the battlefield immediately after death but that is no longer done.
061218_kilts_hmed_2p.grid-6x2.jpg

Thanks for the info and pic.

UK funerals can be quite a dramatic affair with people lining the streets but at least it's always a closed casket, right?

Yes can be people lining streets for someone famous or a soldier on his way to burial in a flag draped coffin
No open coffins sometimes a private viewing at the undertakers if the body is presentable enough
not to upset the family

In Scotland there is often a wake after the funeral where drinks and sweetbreads are consumed.
Military funerals are a ritual - the soldier's final parade. Soldiers are buried in dress uniform in a coffin.
It is dignified but I don't like seeing the soldier's family wailing and crying. Most of us would prefer to be buried at the battlefield immediately after death but that is no longer done.
View attachment 60557

How does your cock stay placid with all those hunky Scotsmen in kilts around?

In Holland many people prefer an open casket if possible. I was glad I could bury my parents that way, with a last look on their now still faces, I don't know why exactly. I've been to many funerals with closed caskets (recent photos of the deceased placed on top), and I've always felt that to be less 'real' somehow. Fortunately we don't try to feed the central person posthumously (I'd get a laughing fit if they tried), and don't kill their servants (if any) along with them either.

The story you tell in post #1 is very tragic for the family, and their grief must be unimaginable. I'd pretend to eat if I couldn't, just for their sake, if that's the custom, even if I thought it was pointless, silly and nauseating, which it is in my view. Rituals are just there to give the audience something to do as if it made sense, because the whole thing would otherwise be quite unbearable. At least you can be happy you won't notice anything of this if it's your own funeral ;-).

In the US, funerals are a billion dollar business and there is a lot of competition. The last few I've been two were in a small town. The funeral home was on main street, a converted house. My cousin sang at the funeral (her father was the celebrant). When the procession left the funeral home we drove through town. People on the streets removed their hats and traffic moved out of our way. There was a meal prepared by the old ladies at a small country church. Much different there than in the city.

How does your cock stay placid with all those hunky Scotsmen in kilts around?

Hey lad it does not stay flaccid - I am one of those Scotsmen in a kilt and I hope my hardon isn't noticed - the bigger sporran helps hide it sometimes - the uniform gets us attention from lassies and free drinks

I have been to funerals where the casket was open and where it was closed. Sometimes, at the start of the service the family is asked to walk by for one last look and then the casket is closed prior to the actual service.

Recently, it has become much more common for cremation to occur right away and then a memorial at a later date. I had a friend die a few years ago and arranged a memorial as he was well-liked by a club we both belonged to. My partner put together a video of stills of his life from childhood to his 69th and last birthday. He had done drag when he was in his 30s and very few knew that so that part of the video got quite a bit of attention.

I had a childhood friend from grade 3 to University whom I lost touch with for 24 years. When we reconnected, we came out to each other - he already had AIDS but seemed healthy - however 7 years after we got back together he died. Two years before he died his partner and my partner died within a month of each other and while we never had sex, he and I travelled together and spent time at the cottage we had spent months at as children. He also was cremated and a memorial was held where his former students and others said their bit about him - I spoke last as I had known him first, even before his sister was born (she arranged the memorial).

When I go, unless I am horribly disfigured by an accident I want an open casket. My grandfather who was hit by a bus was made to look extremely good and still had an open casket.

When I die, I would like a Viking Funeral

UpHellyAa7(AnneBurgess)30Jan1973.jpg

Was going to ask what type of funeral you wanted You'd need a carbon offset for yours
You can see above what mine would be like if KIA but with a cheaper standard Army pine coffin

Was going to ask what type of funeral you wanted You'd need a carbon offset for yours
You can see above what mine would be like if KIA but with a cheaper standard Army pine coffin

If I had my way, after you die and before your military funeral, I will have you embalmed, then after the funeral dig you up and take you home with me.

Ps:- For the right person, I can change my funeral plans so I am not cremated......

pss:- carbon offset...environmentally friendly even in death?...kicking myself right now!!!

Last edited:
In my family funerals lasts for two days. My family is (majority) Southern Baptist.
The first day is the Wake where the body can be viewed by grieving friends and loved ones. Immediate family stays with the body all day and, in my family, this is the day that cops have to show up at least once. The second day is the actual burial and only takes an hour or two depending. Much less drama on the second day.

Food and festivities seem to last an entire week starting before the wake and ending after burial. To be honest, some of the best times I've had with my family were the result of a death.

In my family funerals lasts for two days. My family is (majority) Southern Baptist.
The first day is the Wake where the body can be viewed by grieving friends and loved ones. Immediate family stays with the body all day and, in my family, this is the day that cops have to show up at least once. The second day is the actual burial and only takes an hour or two depending. Much less drama on the second day.

Food and festivities seem to last an entire week starting before the wake and ending after burial. To be honest, some of the best times I've had with my family were the result of a death.

Excuse me?!!!
The cops have to up once?!!!:wdaphack:
Please explain.

Excuse me?!!!
The cops have to up once?!!!:wdaphack:
Please explain.
Last time the police had to come three times - two fist fights and my step grandmother showed up with her shotgun. Very white trash, but it's fun to watch in small doses. I'm grateful that they live 1,800 miles away.

Back