Empathy

Doug Funny

Betwixt & Between
Established Member
I don’t think I carry empathy in my tool kit! Sympathy sometimes, so long as it has nothing to do with me! I can cry for u, ur situation, or the dumbest of other shit, but I can’t feel the feeling of feeling!! If that makes sense…
When stuck in a horrific situation with someone I love, I have the super power to turn off!! I can feel nothing in the moment, although I’ve always loved them!! Two examples:
1: When I was 8, I hung my 9 yo brother whom I love dearly! He pretended to be suicidal, hurt from sibling BS, and decided to hang himself. He wanted to freak me out but low key I was jus curious! What wud him hanging look like?!?! I pushed him off the last stair he was standing on. He started swinging, grabbing at the belt, grasping for god…I pulled him back after a while!
We got picked up by my aunt shortly after! She asked what we were up to, I just responded “hanging around” while staring at my loving bro!!

2: We lived in Buffalo NY where it gets cold!! Like cold cold!! Ice skating rinks everywhere!! I thought it wud be funny to trip him on the ice while walking to school. I tripped him, and he went down! He hit his face on the ice, teeth and blood flying…I got scared!! He started running away from me toward the crossing guard screaming and crying, blood spurting everywhere, crossing guard screaming now too!! The only memory I have is chasing after him begging him not to tell…🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
You said you don’t empathy yet you got scared when your brother hit the ice

Recurrent abuse of you bro sounds to me like sadistic persobality disorder is it under contorl now?

Back