COVID-19 Pandemic World Updates

Thank you for your update DD, not good.

WHO warned today that there will be a massive surge of COVID in all of Europe in the winter months and the pandemic will drag on until summer 2021 and beyond. Some experts say there will still be COVID pandemic in year 2024 despite vaccinations.

All of the spread aided by the COVIDIOTS so proudly proclaiming their independence to spread infection.

A useful update, broadly good news rather than bad in many ways, and contains map info (which won't paste in) on current levels in Europe, US, and Asia:

News here is not good at all though - infection rates are rising very fast, the testing and contact-tracing system seems to be collapsing, and hospital admissions and deaths are starting to rise sharply.

Btw, I'm probably going to be taking some time out from the site. A number of things aren't going well for me at the moment (including the coronavirus situation), and I'm feeling it might be better for me to take a break.

A couple of new developments on the science front:

COVID-19 victim in the UK.

baug99P.jpg

qEEr5Ya.png

This is the biggest story of the year so far.

President Donald Trump's diagnosis with Covid-19 presents a stunning new twist in a tumultuous year, throwing an election that is only 32 days away into chaos and raising the grave possibility of more American crises over governance and national security at an already perilous moment.

I think all European heritage has Neanderthal genes, ranging from almost 0 to maybe 5-6%. Have they identified a specific gene strand or just tossed out Neanderthal genes?

I think all European heritage has Neanderthal genes, ranging from almost 0 to maybe 5-6%. Have they identified a specific gene strand or just tossed out Neanderthal genes?
It's a specific strand.

Situation in Europe is rapidly deterioariting.

cNQLBRb.png

• Germany reports its biggest daily rise in Covid-19 infections since April with the health minister warning of a "worrying" situation
  • Record jumps in cases are seen in Poland, Ukraine, Slovakia and the Czech Republic
  • Italy has made face masks compulsory in outdoor spaces while cafes and bars will remain shut in Brussels for at least a month
  • Covid-19 killed three times more people than flu and pneumonia in England and Wales in 2020, the Office for National Statistics says
  • Restrictions are to be further tightened in parts of England early next week, with the closure of bars and restaurants a possibility
  • US President Donald Trump has rejected holding a virtual debate with Democratic rival Joe Biden, as announced by the event organisers
  • Nearly 37 million cases have been confirmed globally with more than 1.05 million deaths, according to Johns Hopkins University

World sees record 400,000 new cases in a single day​

Global coronavirus cases rose by more than 400,000 for the first time late on Friday, a record one-day increase as much of Europe enacts new restrictions to curb the outbreak.

Europe, which successfully damped down the first surge of infections, has emerged as the new coronavirus epicentre in recent weeks and is reporting on average 140,000 cases a day over the past week.

As a region, Europe is reporting more daily cases than India, Brazil and the US combined.

Of every 100 infections reported around the world, 34 were from European countries, according to a Reuters analysis.

The region is currently reporting a million new infections about every nine days and has reported more than 6.3 million cases since the pandemic began.

Major European countries - the UK, France, Russia, the Netherlands and Spain - accounted for about half of Europe’s new cases in the week to 18 October.

France is reporting the highest seven-day average of new cases in Europe with 19,425 infections per day followed by the United Kingdom, Russia, Spain and the Netherlands in the list of worst affected European countries.

A fitness coach and a social media influencer who thought that the coronavirus or COVID-19 does not exist, has died after contracting the deadly disease on a trip to Turkey. Dmitriy Stuzhuk 33, was discharged from the hospital in his native Ukraine but got rushed back hours later and his condition deteriorated.

Back