COVID-19 Pandemic World Updates

Y9np2il.jpg

A sign on the A55 near Flint today.

So much for the United Kingdom!

N.Y.C. Deaths Reach 6 Times the Normal Level, Far More Than Coronavirus Count Suggests

a5WoNIx.png

In the UK, total deaths since the epidemic took off have been well above the official Covid figures (just tried to find a link for last week's cumulative figure, but swamped by false hits). But these are not all under-reported Covid deaths - emergency admissions for heart attacks and strokes are way down, and quite a few of those people who didn't call an ambulance will have ended up in the mortuary instead of hospital where they could have been saved :( And the same in many European countries I think.

No sorry I can't but then again I am not a dog. Incredible the amount of money people are willing to spend into this ridiculous idea.

Actually it is not ridiculous - dogs really are being used successfully to detect some infections and cancers from the trace chemicals given off which they can smell though we can't.
And I have smelt a very strange body odour just occasionally from people who were very odd and I suspect were schizophrenic or on the way there.

We are sensitive to body scents, as opposed to odors that can be offensive. To me redheads have a special sweet/spicy perfume just after bathing and before added perfumes. I love it.

Did your read about the success rate? Not reliable at all.

Meanwhile here is the latest infection chart.

uJ1EGfr.png

zznZbyi.jpg

COVID-19 cases surge in Mexico yesterday the country reported 334 more fatalities, raising the death toll to 5,666 but the real numbers are likely much higher.

Our beloved leaders. Really you couldn’t make it up.
Dominic Cummings, chief adviser to Johnson, takes a sixty mile excursion to see if he is capable of driving from Durham to London. Believing he was going down with the virus he had driven from his home in London to Durham for childcare from his family. Before returning home he wanted to check that his eyesight was okay . The only way he could do this was trying a sixty mile drive That it is his wife’s birthday and that they stop by an idyllic river in Barnard’s Castle is neither here or there. Our beloved leader thinks there is nothing wrong with this and doesn’t think Cummings should resign or be sacked despite him being the architect of the stay near home policy. Durham is two hundred and fifty miles from London! And forty of his Conservative MPs disagree with him
And Donald opposes postal voting even though it might encourage people to vote in the Presidential Election in these uncertain times. Snag is there is no guarantee they will vote for him. So much for democracy.
If it wasn’t so tragic it might even be seen as funny.

Last edited:
Yes, 'stay home' means 'Ok to travel 260 miles to a low-virus area in order to be close to your vulnerable relatives, even you know you have it'.
And the trip to sit on the riverbank at Barnard Castle was on Easter Sunday, when every government minister and chief constable in sight was telling us to stay home and not go to tourist spots. And if you are testing your ability to drive, of coursed you have your four-year-old son in the car, don't you?
Current DVLA advice on testing your eyesight for fitness to drive: "Drive to Barnard Castle, and if you are able to see the castle before driving head-on into it, you are medically fit to drive".

The UK now has the highest COVID-19 death rate in the world

hEmTWI8.jpg

• The UK has recorded the highest coronavirus death rate, according to new analysis.
  • Prime Minister Boris Johnson's decision to lock down the country at a relatively late stage of the pandemic may have significantly influenced the high number of COVID-19 deaths in the UK, according to a Financial Times analysis.
  • The UK has the second-highest total excess death count since March — behind only the US — and the highest death rate when adjusted for population.
  • Boris Johnson's decision not to lock the country down earlier in March has come under intense scrutiny as the UK's death toll continues to mount.

'99% chance' COVID-19 vaccine will work, say Chinese scientists

Morgues in Mexico City are overflowing with COVID-19 corpses.

Back