COVID-19 Pandemic World Updates

Its just tragic that the virus has become so widely spread, the Chinese government knew about the virus and even silenced Dr. Li Wenliang. Death tolls keep increasing and people unable to work leading to them to struggle with living expenses.

The Community of Madrid (Spain) prohibits the activities of thanatopraxia in all corpses

The Community Government has suspended the activities of thanatopraxia in all the corpses (embalming and temporary conservation), including thanatoesthetic activities, regardless of the cause of death.

This is reflected in a public resolution in the Official Bulletin of the Community (BOCM) published this Monday, which allows "only as a conservation technique the refrigeration of the corpse until its transfer to its final destination, for a period of one month, without prejudice to the extensions that are agreed successively. " The Ministry of Health considers that there are "objective reasons" to limit activities involving the manipulation of the body, "as a preventive measure and containment of the transmission of the coronavirus in the current health alert situation."

Its just tragic that the virus has become so widely spread, the Chinese government knew about the virus and even silenced Dr. Li Wenliang. Death tolls keep increasing and people unable to work leading to them to struggle with living expenses.

I completely agree the Chinese made big mistakes in the early stages and now the whole world is ablaze.

Thanks metal for your update.

GAvJRvi.png

GAvJRvi.png

To be fair to Boris he has accepted for a while that Coronavirus is the greatest public health emergency to have hit the world for some generations and he is trying after a poor start to protect the welfare of the United Kingdom. In which he differs from Trump whose major concern is the economy and who is quite happy to relax restrictions in the interest of that economy even if it costs many lives.
Now I wonder what would happen if he were to be infected with a mild dose of the virus. Would he accept it or would it be fake news?

Trump's opinion and health status doesn't matter the world is completely falling apart and there is nothing anyone can do. All research points that even in best case scenario and with restrictions millions will perish from SARS in all countries on all continents. Some estimates say between 50 million and 100 million victims until the end of the year.

Poorer countries in Africa, India, South America will be decimated.

Syria and Iran as well are particularly hard hit. There are many people in my area falling ill as well it's just a matter of time before I get it too it's everywhere.

fIaxWYn.png

It’s turning into a Fretful Friday. UK Health secretary Matt Hancok just announced he has also tested positive.

kenoAXZ.png

Birmingham Airport could become emergency mortuary

YRrCFYp.png

Good and bad scenarios for world economy according to the Guardian.

vgOwwYf.png

Striking photo that looks like screenshot from disaster movie trailer that's circulating online turns out to be Beijing Capital International Airport on March 24.

g2lcnn1.jpg

F0i6254.jpg

North Korean officials are reportedly asking for medical aid privately while publicly denying any cases of coronavirus within their country's borders.

The Financial Times reported Thursday that North Korean officials have privately reached out to officials in other countries for unspecified aid, while the official number of reported cases in North Korea remains at zero.

"The government has testing kits for COVID-19 and they know how to use them, but [the number of kits are] not sufficient, hence, [officials are] requesting all organizations ... to support them in this regard," a source told the Times.
ADVERTISEMENT

Reuters reported last week that North Korean officials had asked aid agencies for supplies such as masks and testing kits, though such supplies were reportedly awaiting entry on North Korea's heavily protected border.

“North Koreans need assistance and have asked for it, but things are now on hold,” one aid group official familiar with the efforts told Reuters.

One former World Health Organization (WHO) official who was based in Pyongyang told Business Insider that he was "concerned" about a wide-scale outbreak in North Korea, citing the country's insufficient medical system. The country also remains under heavy sanctions due to its ballistic missile program.

"There's not enough medicine for the country. I'm really concerned about them facing an outbreak," former WHO project chief Nagi Shafik told Business Insider.

North Korea borders China, the site of the highest number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus, which originated in China's Hubei province.

The secretive nation has largely abandoned talks with the U.S. after a series of negotiations with President Trump over possible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Good evening DD. Thanks for the link. For the first time in three weeks I ventured outside today and I felt like an alien.

Thanks Meatpie. If I went outside I'd feel really guilty - even though I'd only be doing it for a permitted reason if I did.

Trump's opinion and health status doesn't matter the world is completely falling apart and there is nothing anyone can do. All research points that even in best case scenario and with restrictions millions will perish from SARS in all countries on all continents. Some estimates say between 50 million and 100 million victims until the end of the year.

Poorer countries in Africa, India, South America will be decimated.

Syria and Iran as well are particularly hard hit. There are many people in my area falling ill as well it's just a matter of time before I get it too it's everywhere.

Hey Meatpie, keep your spirits up - there are more optimistic scenarios which are perfectly possible.

Meatpie ( and others )
None of us were alive when the 1919 Spanish flu struck. Millions died and i suspect many people thought it was the end of humanity. Fortunately they were wrong and humanity has gone onward and upward for the last hundred years.
Now I hope we all come through this and survive as individuals. Obviously that isn’t something we can control ourselves although by following government advice we can increase our chances. However I have no doubt that humanity will survive and prosper and maybe that is what really matters. Our kids and grandkids will hopefully have the good lives we have had and hopefully will continue to have.
So I guess there is still much for us to be optimistic about.

The world now is completely different from the one in 1919. in 2020 All European countries including the UK import tons of fresh produce from Africa by planes and ships and prices are stable.

However once SARS starts spreading in Africa and the workers are no longer able to send regular supplies food prices will shoot up and many things that we take for granted like orange juice will disappear.

The global food chain will break down the stress and shock is immense.

People are fighting over toilet paper imagine what will happen when we start fighting over food?

Africa will be decimated by the SARS virus.

orw0Z9e.jpg

Empty shelves at a Tesco store in Worcester.

r0CdKBT.jpg

The coronavirus pandemic has killed 25,066 people, with Europe accounting for most of the deaths and Italy the country with the most fatalities.

Europe is by far the worst-hit continent with 17,314 deaths, more than two thirds of the global toll. The country's with the highest deaths are Italy with 9,134, followed by Spain with 4,858 and China with 3,292.

At least 547,034 coronavirus cases have been registered around the world since December after it spread from a wet market in Wuhan, China.

Italy posted by far its highest daily increase in deaths on Friday, with another 919 recorded in the last 24 hours. Prior to today's figure the largest daily toll had been 793 deaths on March 21.

The world now is completely different from the one in 1919. in 2020 All European countries including the UK import tons of fresh produce from Africa by planes and ships and prices are stable.

However once SARS starts spreading in Africa and the workers are no longer able to send regular supplies food prices will shoot up and many things that we take for granted like orange juice will disappear.

The global food chain will break down the stress and shock is immense.

People are fighting over toilet paper imagine what will happen when we start fighting over food?

Africa will be decimated by the SARS virus.

orw0Z9e.jpg

Empty shelves at a Tesco store in Worcester.

I’m not sure things will get as bad as you fear. There is a theory that the virus may find it more difficult to replicate in hot climes although it will remain a theory at this stage since there is an absence of reliable data.
But even if you are correct and food chains are disrupted then there is no reason why we cannot switch to native produce. After all do we need strawberries all year round. I remember when they were a treat for early summer and when fresh salmon had a two or three week season. And how much more we enjoyed them. So if we have do do without our exotics there should be more than enough basic british produce for us to keep body and soul together until things get back to a normality
I’m not trying to be over optimistic but I think the amount of pessimism about is a little unhealthy. Whilst every death is a tragedy and one death is one too many think how many people recover from the virus without even knowing they've had it.

Back