Can you love another man?

• Total voters

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Some guys I know say they are 100% gay yet they can't feel true love for another man.

Can you? Or is it just lust?

Please vote.

adnr0FtT.jpg

The question of is it love or is it lust is an old one applicable to both straight and gay. We're human. Our emotions are not exact, but fall in ranges affected by everything around us, including hormones. This makes it difficult for either party to a romance to properly gauge the validity of their feelings, leading to emotional confusion. This is a simplistic reply, but am having trouble finding the right words.

Yes, I can fall in love w/ another man, and have a handle on the percentage of love vs. lust. However, I will only be able to experience this from afar, in my mind or only in a brotherly way, due to other obligations and duties. Life (and many kinds of love) are endlessly complicating my odd little world.

Last edited:
Your reply is not simplistic, you are spot on. Hormones such as testosterone strongly affect sex drive but when does true love occur?

And since you mentioned brotherly love....can it really happen between gays?

They say it certainly happens between str8 males.:hahahahha:

True and that makes it even harder for gays who fall for "straight" dudes.

I think brotherly, or sisterly love for that matter, is possible as a "platonic" type of love. However, since folks emotions and thinking can at times be in flux due to a multitude of influences, they are always in danger changing from brotherly or sisterly love to plain old lust, or maybe romantic love. This explains the beer induced (or prison time induced) "adaptive" change in sexual orientation.LOL. Also, I think that sometimes, folk that are friends for long periods, may deepen their relationship in unexpected ways, like falling in love romantically, OR have deepening respect, attachment and non-sexual love for each other that is truly wonderful. I have a few friends near this level of comfort. I should make much more time for them, not get caught up so much in the mess of daily life.

Damn you guys, you're gonna make get all thoughtful and mushy here...EEEUUUWWWWW!!!!! Yuk!

Seriously, knowing the variety of possibilities ahead fo time is a sort of power & road map for relationships. It's a matter of realizing when your emotions & etc. are changing and having the will to act on this knowledge. To live is to die. Therefore, one must find love in "all the right places". :)

Last edited:
To sum up, human relations are extremely complex.

The poll results are amazing! I am dumbfounded, so many CDG members haven't found true love!

Continuation of post #7.
As for true love. I think it may be possible, but would not know how to identify it or how it should feel. I think it may be placed among those things that sound like good ideas, but like happiness, is one of those things that may be more trouble than it's truly worth. I've been told more than once, that trying to gain CONTENTMENT, rather than HAPPINESS is more achievable, less stressfull and makes fora "longer lasting, more filling meal" than happiness.

Last edited:
Yes, absolutely! I have loved twice, one of those times being mad crazy, head over heals, true love. No one can ever tell me that wasn't real. It had nothing to do with lust.

BTW Meat, new pic, is that you? You look so serious.

Yes I have matured I used to be slutty and only cared how many cute fit guys I could fuck in a single day.

Now I question more and don't trust people as easily.

Yes I have matured I used to be slutty and only cared how many cute fit guys I could fuck in a single day.

Now I question more and don't trust people as easily.

Comes with the territory of life experiences... Trust is so freely given away in our youth but we learn from our mistakes and value true friendships so much more as we mature...

believe me, TRUE LOVE between two males DOES exist,
i'm living proof!
i'd be lost without entilzha/dennis,
i've felt things with him that i didnt even know were possible!

I'm very glad for you to have this kind of relationship, with it's depth and intensity. Compounded with your families acceptance of, and participation in your life, well, I have to say you two are among the lucky folks on the planet. Congrats and jealousy from me. May you last long, in many ways,LOL!

believe me, TRUE LOVE between two males DOES exist,
i'm living proof!
i'd be lost without entilzha/dennis,
i've felt things with him that i didnt even know were possible!

What feelings Rickey? Lust for his stinky feets?

You guys live on different continents, you only met last year.

And that international begger user slut has been looking for a rich boyfriend on CDG long before you even registered here.

Before he met you he was "deeply in love" with another forum member and said that he will never look at another man.

i guess i can only hope its real then......
but your entitled to your opinion........

I meant no offence, maybe it's real this time.

Oh please man. Love between men?

Do you really believe in this shit?

Back