Book Series and Novles: Read lovers in CDG?

What historical novel are you reading? I like those set in Europe in the 1920's thru the end of WWII.

What historical novel are you reading? I like those set in Europe in the 1920's thru the end of WWII.

Now I'm reading an Egyptian historical novel, set in the year 1250 BC.
I'm liking it because it has a mystical and mysterious point with the theme of Egyptian tombs.I'm liking it,
's the first time I've read anything from ancient Egypt.

I'll post it here soon

WARBRAKER
Brandon Sanderson

Although this book is not one of my favorites either from Brandon or from the Cosmere universe, I have to say that I really liked it. As I progressed I liked it more. The main premise seemed similar to the previous "Elantris", (Princess who is sent to another kingdom to marry a stranger...) although a few pages later the story takes a totally different path.
I will also say that it has one of the most original magic systems of anything I have read so far. And that plot twist... and that final stretch... is something that only Brandon knows how to do well.
I recommendit ? Yes that's fine. It took me a little while to get in, but once I had read about 200 pages I couldn't stop.

______​

In addition to this novel, I have read two other stories within the cosmere universe, although totally independent. They are very short, about 60 pages each, and can be read at any point.

Sixth of the Dusk
and
Shadows of Silence in the Forest of Hell

The first, Sixth of the Dusk, apparently takes place at the most advanced point chronologically in the cosmere. Like all his magic synthemes, it is quite original, and although it does not have a closed ending, it serves as a presentation of the world and the way everything works there, and important info about cosmere.

The second, Shadows of Silence in the Forest of Hell, is one of the short stories that I have liked the most so far. It is magnificent how it can tell so much in just 60 pages. I can't say much without giving anything away, but it is one of the two stories that I have given 5 stars (with permission from Secret History *)

* Secret History is another short story which I forgot to publish here. It's only 200 pages. To read it it is necessary to have read the first Mistborn trilogy (it is the first publication in this thread) and it is recommended to read part of the second era, which I have not done yet and I got some spoilers (rather I anticipated some surprises) . That story tells the events of the original trilogy from a new point of view, which reveals a lot of information about the cosmere in general and its connections. Essential if you are a fan

Back