Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

Jani Raappana, the main character in controversial documentary film Reindeerspotting: Escape From Santaland on the lives of drug addicts in Finnish Lappland, has died. The information is confirmed by Oskari Huttu, one of the producers of the film. Huttu stated Raappana’s death was not directly caused by drugs but refused further details.

Sources have confirmed for CDG that Mr. Raappana hanged himself in Kambodza.

Exclusive before and after photos:

He was yes, in the last few months before his croak he became like a skeleton and looked older. Awful what those stupid drug addictions can do to your body. You can be the most beautiful young guy on Earth once you start taking this shit you end up as ugly corpse, almost like a begger, homeless dude.

Here is the trailer for his movie: http://www.sub.fi/elokuvat/trailerit.shtml?4371

omg, how skinny he was :S

wat a shame =[

he could be a nice corpse =[ I like wat he looked like in 3rd pic btw

Can you help us with more accurate information and pictures?

I have seen the film, and know quite a few details about Mr. Raappana's life; should you want to ask any questions about this, contact me.
First of all, the film itself was a documentary about Mr. Raappana's use of drugs, which doesn't make him an actor, technically.

Is the third pic really him? Does he mention death in his movie? I guess he was aware that if he kept taking this shit it would eventually take him to an early grave.

Yes, all of the pictures are genuine, a link to the photos were posted in a local Finnish newspaper from where I spotted them in the first place.
He did talk about death a few times in the film; he was very much aware they would soon enough be his peril, which is why he tried to quit using. Accordingly, his death was, however, drug-related.
Seems he failed.

Thank you for your reply.

He is cute in the alive pics but hardly recognizable in death, skin and bone like he was starving.

I think he suffered from organ damage and although he ate his body failed. Good that he hanged himself, otherwise it would have been a slow sad end - torture for him and his relatives.

In the documentary, does he say what drugs he was taking?

That doesn't evne look like the same dood.

I don't think that was suicide... Look his legs. How they can be in that position if he hanged himself.
If he did killed himself why the legs doesn't go straight??

You can hang yourself kneeling, I know it's sounds ridicilous - check our hanging collection for more information on the various types of hanging deaths.

Just watched the movie, poor guy that Raappana.
My mom believes that the picture was a set-up. That maybe he died on the street somewhere and was lifted to that position for the picture.
What a horrible way to see/know about your friends/son's death.

You should tell your mom that we have verified the identity of the victim from a police source, the photos are not staged only doubt was about one of the alive pics which came from another source.

Back