Societal Collapse

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Greece turned out to be the hardest hit nation in the world by the economic downturn running a huge budget deficit.

Rioting led to three people dead today in the Greek capital.

The euro is weak and sinking, there are fears Greece will become a failed state and drag other countries with it.

My country is running a huge budget deficit too.

But experts say the worse is still to come.

The United Kingdom's debt crisis is worsening and many believe it will be worse than Greece by the end of the year.

The UK will have the highest budget deficit in Europe.

article-1273020-0970B80F000005DC-327_634x443.jpg

Athens, May 5 2010

article-1273020-09709800000005DC-224_634x639.jpg

Spain and Portugal suffer from massive unemployment.

article-1273020-09711B4B000005DC-405_634x556.jpg

Two employees, covered in black from the smoke, cry out in terror from the top floor of the Marfin Egnatia Bank where they were trapped

article-1273020-097103DF000005DC-899_634x417.jpg

article-1273020-09711B80000005DC-356_634x951.jpg

article-1273020-09715550000005DC-535_634x669.jpg

'Murder': A medic prepares to remove the body of a woman who perished in the bank fire today

article-1273020-0970BBF7000005DC-286_634x458.jpg

article-1273020-0970B13D000005DC-416_634x399.jpg

Greece ablaze: A riot policeman falls after being hit with Molotov cocktail near the Greek parliament in Athens as demonstrations turned violent today

article-1273020-0970B65C000005DC-329_634x421.jpg

article-1273020-0970C29B000005DC-238_634x427.jpg

Possible corpses?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...s-German-outrage-strikes-markets-falling.html

it is indeed a bad case, things are going out of control.

there are even whispers in my government to quit using the Euro and go back to our old currency!!!

If you guys give up on the euro other nations will follow, it will be mayhem!

Yeah, most European countries use the netherlands as a yardstick, sinds our economy is very stable and growing!

Oh please.

If the euros sinks further not counry will be spared.

I think the European Union may fall apart.

:sm (41):

Very bad situation.

Horrid situation. If the EU falls apart, the world will never be the same again. I don't even want to think of the implications. The next Worldwide crisis is coming and it will all be because of things we as a whole that roam this fragile existence ignored for so long and been asking for it for our ignorance and indifference. I feel humans should be wiped out but that would be a real proper nihilists. I hope all the ones I care about will be fine when everything comes to a standstill and all sort of havoc breaks loose. May God have mercy.

I see no hope of anything better for now.

They say the UK will run a huge budget deficit by the end of the year.

Spain, Portugal also at risk.

I feel personally affected because we get donations from members in euros but pay for hosting in US dollars.

When the euro is weak we are losing money!

All this makes me sad. :( And the poor bank clerks who perished, they wanted to say out of this and kept on with their duties but turned out to be at the centre of the storm.

Wall St had a huge drop of 1000 points today, biggest single day fall in history. Reports were saying the problem started in Greece, then Europe and it hit us in the U.S. I think we're running out of time dude. Final collapse is coming, probably like a rolling blackout. I'm saving my money under a mattress! The only site that's worth supporting is this one. Where else do we have to go but CDG if everything turns Mad Max post apocalypse outside? Keep it going Meat, this site keeps my fantasy life full, or I'd go nuts with pent up energy lol.

Appreciate your comments and love for the site dude.

Like you I too feel the world is going haywire.

I hate it when the euro drops :(

This is devastating for CDG's finances.

the UK owes a small fortune around £260Billion

however the money not due to be paid back for several years 3-9 years

however we will soon have to stop spending more than we are getting in.

at the mo the interest rates the UK pays is cheaper than Greece,Spain,Portugal,Ireland

as we are outside the Euro we can devalue the currency to make thing cheaper in britain

the UK is growing just,

as the UK is a large economy we should be able to pay everyback ok

HOWEVER we don't have a solid government to get it sorted, but i am confident the UK will survive.

The Euro seems the most stable currency at this time, US GDP (when you remove the benefit of the financial sector's use of packaging bad loans) has not grown but shrunk for the last 20 years, China's economy is unverifiable, Middle East (snort), India has a chance, South America could.

Hi there to all of you . Greeks have a long tradition in resistance. Athens was beiing burned for days in December 2008. What I am afraid is that there will be more days like what you have seen latelty. The point is simple. Greece was used as a guinea pig of the EU. International capital would like to see how will bent EU and then US. So they started from the "wikest link" within the eurozone . the bad news is that the virus escaped the lab and and now European politicains are running to to eliminate it . the point is that EU lucks political decission making . But there

times that political decission making is closely related to ecomony and how you can save your currencly. This was not done By the EU. (the help to Greece came too late). If it was coming earlier there would not be such an expansion of this economic virus and the EU could arrange its problems within its house without the interfierence of the imf.Saying that due to Greece will collapse the world economy is rather a silly thought. How one country that represents the 3% of the European economy will drug to hell the whole world (including economic "elephants" such as the US Gernamy or Japan?)

After the fall of communism (which is a politicval status that I have never lived in ) we used to blame the US Government for wrong decission making that had impact on the whole world (wars in yogoslavia Iraq africa etc etc) Now we can clearly see who is moving the strings. US government was just an other puppet in this theater for kids. The Faceless international capital has no country no ethics and no limitations . It attacks "Kills" "burn" and moves to the next target. It has to do I think with the term "globalization" in economy. In the existance of the communistic states there was a limitation ( I am not saying that living in a communistic country was good and I am glad I did not lived) But with the fall of communism we can clearly see that "capitalism" as they mean it has its own limitations and can be really destructive towards people and nations

Back