Casualties Mount as Turkey Presses Syria Offensive

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

Casualties are increasing as Turkey presses on with its cross-border offensive on Kurdish-held areas of northern Syria.

At least 11 civilians have died and dozens of fighters from the Kurdish-led SDF and pro-Turkish factions have been killed, reports say.
The first death of a Turkish soldier was confirmed by Turkey's military.
Tens of thousands of people have fled their homes, amid growing international criticism of the offensive.

Turkey moved into northern Syria on Wednesday after the the US President, Donald Trump, pulled American troops out of the area.

I was hoping to visit Turkey someday but as long as that savage Erdogan is in power, I will not go.

Two evil men: first Erdogan for declaring war on the Kurds, mind you Turkey has a history of genocide, remember Armenia in 1915, and second Trump for abandoning his allies, the Kurds, who had born I the brunt of the successful campaign against Isis. Even his own party seem to have doubts about him on this one. And there is always a risk that Murderous Isis fighters could now escape and be unleashed to kill again. Not that the odious Trump will give a damn.
Hopefully he will lose the election to Elizabeth Warren or Bernie Sanders and America will again be able to hold its head high amongst democratic nations.

Lindier - good to see you again! :heart love:

Sacrificed so Trump can save his ass, IMPEACH HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A dictator cannot be impeached. They have to be removed by other means.

First it’s great to be back although as one of Meatpie’s “leaches” I’m not sure how long that will be for. Thanks deaddirty and phyzzique for your kind comments.
As for Trump I guess the ideal solution is for him to be beaten fairly in the forthcoming election although the words Trump and fairly seems almost to be antonyms. Impeachment might be a solution although I guess it will be blocked by his Republicans in the Senate, after all with a few honourable exceptions they rise or fall with him and turkeys don’t vote for Christmas.
And however tempting it might be to contemplate his assassination it is essential that in a democracy such a thing doesn’t happen. Apart from anything else the idea of the religious bigot, Pence, in charge doesn’t really bear thinking about.

More Dead Kurds after Turkish Invasion into Syria

Clashes on Saturday intensified around Ras al-Ain. The UN says 130,000 people have fled their homes, and the figure may rise.

First it’s great to be back although as one of Meatpie’s “leaches” I’m not sure how long that will be for. Thanks deaddirty and phyzzique for your kind comments.
As for Trump I guess the ideal solution is for him to be beaten fairly in the forthcoming election although the words Trump and fairly seems almost to be antonyms. Impeachment might be a solution although I guess it will be blocked by his Republicans in the Senate, after all with a few honourable exceptions they rise or fall with him and turkeys don’t vote for Christmas.
And however tempting it might be to contemplate his assassination it is essential that in a democracy such a thing doesn’t happen. Apart from anything else the idea of the religious bigot, Pence, in charge doesn’t really bear thinking about.

Agreed totally on all counts. Though my impression is that impeachment is now a serious possibility - his behaviour and utterances are getting so bizarre that even his Republicans are finding it hard to stomach.

Love how the victor steps on his victim:hot:

Some disturbing videos are circulating online from Syria showing piles of dead guys but in very poor quality.

uLPIvUq.jpg

Thanks DD and good evening everyone following this thread.

The war in Syria started on 15 March 2011 and continues until today exactly 8 years, 6 months and 4 weeks. We've been covering the Syrian war from day one.

Our collection is huge you can find all relevant posts and threads with the #Syria War tag.

Also check our #Islamic State archieve lots of #beheading videos in it.

Latest: more than 700 Isis affiliates escape camp

More than 700 people with links to Islamic State have escaped from a detention camp in north-east Syria, as the Kurdish-led forces in control of the area reached a deal with the Assad regime to stave off a bloody five-day-old Turkish assault.

Kurdish fighters controlling the region would surrender the border towns of Manbij and Kobane to Damascus in a deal brokered by Russia, officials said on Sunday night.

Syrian state media said units from President Bashar al-Assad’s army were moving north to “confront Turkish aggression on Syrian territory”. Unconfirmed reports said the deal between the Kurds and the regime would be extended to apply to the whole of north-east Syria.

And according to the BBC tonight, Trump is withdrawing the remaining 1000 US troops from the area - so that they do not get caught in the middle between the Turkish forces and the advancing Syrian government AND RUSSIAN forces who are moving in to help the Kurds. Well you have to hand it to him - in one week he has managed to comprehensively shaft both the Kurds and the Turks (both US allies), and hand over a strategically-vital area from Western to Russian control.
Well done Trumputin, loyal Governor of the 51st Oblast!

Back