What do you think about BestDeaths?

Immortal1

Forum Regular
What do you think about Best Deaths? I have been purchasing videos from them time to time, though not quite often, yet everytime I go on their site and want to buy something, it feels like a waste. I know it isn't, there is a certain amount of effort made and money spent for the filming of those videos, and the actors are mostly not bad at their job either, and they (and the producers) do have to get paid after all.

It's just that, you know, paying for something that I will only watch once feels like I'm wasting my money for nothing.. The videos aren't new either, they keep pushing up old videos as new, and cheaper videos tend to feel fake or like they have too much acting, so buying during sales seems to the only way to save, but even then I have this consuming sense of guilt about it.

So, what do you guys think about BD's videos? How often do you buy from them, if at all?

Well, bestdeaths has a monopoly on the necro movie market so if you want to watch a necro video you really have no choice but to go to them. I do know there are few other sites that sell necro video but no one has such a diverse cornucopia of videos.

I do understand your point though. I just cant bring myself to spend $20 for a video so I only buy something new when they have a sale which happens frequently to be fair. To be totally frank I think they are doing what people in business call "fictitious pricing" (i.e., always putting a product on sale knowing that no one will buy it at its standard price thereby creating the illusion you are saving money buying it on sale.) It is a bit sneaky but I can live with that.

I have also noticed they aren't making as many movies as they used to. They are recycling a lot of old videos. I guess making videos can be very expansive so they may not be bringing in enough revenue to make investments in new material.

I have also noticed they have focused more on the sexual aspects of necro than the more subtle aspects of necro. There is far more nudity and they are definitely choosing to work with attractive models rather than actors who can play the role well. I am not complaining about the extra nudity but it would be nice to see more body manipulation and more convincing acting.

Perhaps they should consider a membership program where you pay every month and have access to their entire library without the option to download any videos. They have more than enough videos to keep people coming back and it would also prevent people from trading their videos. I have no idea what kind of business model they have so I dont know if that is a viable option for them.

I spent nearly two years without buying a single video from them. I did buy two new videos a few weeks ago and would probably consider buying more if I find something appealing (as long as it is on sale of course!!!!!!).

Thank you for your reply, New Yorker. I'm relieved that I'm not the only one out there who's not satisfied with the quality and quantity of their new videos. It is always nice to find other people sharing the same experience with yourself.

I do have to ask though: Do you also find the "credit" system frustrating and redundant? It takes so long for any credit purchases to take into effect, and it's such a bummer when you see a great video but realize you are only this little short of affording it, I'm talking cents here!

Anyway, in the age of constant internet access and countless media streaming subscriptions, I think your suggestion makes a lot of sense for them actually. It shouldn't be that hard for them to manage, since there's already some sort of streaming system built into their site to begin with. Maybe they wouldn't want to switch over completely though, they could just give the users the option to rent the videos for example, and then let them stream it from the existing Stream button in their downloads next to the Download button. That would be disabled for rented videos of course.

If what you assume about them not having enough budget for new content is true, then that might mean they are in decline and no one actually buys from them as often, but I'm sure those people - me included - would consider renting videos more often then actually paying a full price for something they can only download 10 times and maybe won't watch again after the second or third time.

Here's hoping someone from BestDeaths will read this thread or they actually come up with a similar idea themselves.
Thanks again for your reply.

Thank you for your reply, New Yorker. I'm relieved that I'm not the only one out there who's not satisfied with the quality and quantity of their new videos. It is always nice to find other people sharing the same experience with yourself.

I do have to ask though: Do you also find the "credit" system frustrating and redundant? It takes so long for any credit purchases to take into effect, and it's such a bummer when you see a great video but realize you are only this little short of affording it, I'm talking cents here!

Anyway, in the age of constant internet access and countless media streaming subscriptions, I think your suggestion makes a lot of sense for them actually. It shouldn't be that hard for them to manage, since there's already some sort of streaming system built into their site to begin with. Maybe they wouldn't want to switch over completely though, they could just give the users the option to rent the videos for example, and then let them stream it from the existing Stream button in their downloads next to the Download button. That would be disabled for rented videos of course.

If what you assume about them not having enough budget for new content is true, then that might mean they are in decline and no one actually buys from them as often, but I'm sure those people - me included - would consider renting videos more often then actually paying a full price for something they can only download 10 times and maybe won't watch again after the second or third time.

Here's hoping someone from BestDeaths will read this thread or they actually come up with a similar idea themselves.
Thanks again for your reply.

Dissatisfied isn't the right word. I think the right word would be unimpressed.

Their credit system is a bit obnoxious. They used to just allow you to use your credit card and purchase the video right away but I think the third party company that processes payments for them dumped them due to the controversial business they run. I think now they have to process payments manually which is why we have to buy credits.

I fully acknowledge they have some issues BUT I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because their business can be seem as at the very least tasteless by people who may find necro offensive. I seriously doubt Bestdeaths will ever be trading their stocks in the New York Stock Exchange and that their CEO will ever be allowed to buy a Co-op in an elite Park Avenue building simply because people will always look down on them. People will always have issues with the services they provide and that will close many avenues down the road for them.

And they advertise here and thus support our community, so let's give them credit and thanks for that.

I love best deaths. I usually buy from them quite often, but recently not so much. I'm just not that impressed buy their newer videos. I really like their older stuff. But unfortunately they have gotten rid of their older videos. But I despite the cons I still buy from them.

mmm, It's a mixed bag of fish for me, some of the acting is terrible and it turns me off it. I suppose I look for realistic and it most often than not isnt. I can fantasize about doing it for real on that boy in some of them whilst on others, I dunno, it's off putting when the acting is really bad.

The out of control hazing ones are ones I can relate too because I want to take a muscle boy home and do that to him and some of them are gorgeous guys I would love to squeeze the life out of. I'm not to fond of the stabbing ones because as I say it doesn't even look realistic.

Respect them as a company and their efforts... Though I prefer film911, the idea of medically forcing a hunk to die and listening to his heart makes me hard as fuck. The idea of ripping their hearts out makes my fantasies go into meltdown. Take the Asian looking kid Diego, Man I would totally massacre that little shit. The idea of overpowering a muscle hunk like Mike and stopping his heart amazes me to no end. Bestdeaths as much as I do like them... They dont send me into an europhoric meltdown where i need to relieve the tensions of my evil fantasies whereas I find film911 does that. Because it provides the men I am most into and it looks more realistic

Back