Jack O'Connell gets the needle on Death Row in Texas

TakeNoPrizners

Forum Regular
Trial by Fire is a 2018 film directed by Edward Zwick. It's based on the case of Cameron Todd Willingham. In 2004 at age 36, Willingham was executed by lethal injection in Texas after being falsely accused and convicted of murdering his kids. Jack O'Connell plays the lead role. The actor first came to the attention of this forum because of his naked performance and hot rope dance in the film Starred Up (see separate thread). O'Connell also has a hot gunshot wound scene in the film '71 and plays a POW in the movie Unbroken. In Trial by Fire the doomed convict is dragged from his death cell, strapped to the injection table, displayed to witnesses, and administered toxins that send him into agonizing death throes. Due to its clinical nature, L.I. is not my favorite execution method. However, I'm always interested in how male execution is portrayed in the movies, and I like O'Connell's acting. The demise of O'Connell as Willingham is included in this YouTube excerpt from the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AFSjASyfIg

Back