Kenya flight 'stowaway' body found in Clapham garden

deaddirty

Forum Elite

The force of the body falling from a commercial aeroplane dented paving slabs in a garden in Clapham.

A suspected stowaway who is believed to have fallen from the landing gear of a flight into Heathrow Airport has been found dead in a London garden.
The body - believed to be that of a man - was found in Offerton Road, Clapham just before 15:40 BST on Sunday.
Police said it was thought the individual fell from a Kenya Airways flight from Nairobi.
5A neighbour said the body fell a metre away from a resident who had been sunbathing in the garden.
The man, who did not want to be named, said he heard a "whomp" so he looked out of an upstairs window and saw the body and "blood all over the walls of the garden".
"So I went outside, and it was just then the neighbour came out and he was very shaken," he said.
The neighbour, who asked not to be named, said a plane spotter, who had been following the flight on an plane tracking app from Clapham Common, had seen the body fall.
The plane spotter had arrived almost at the same time as the police and told them the body had fallen from a Kenyan Airways flight.
"If it had been two seconds later, he would have landed on the common where there were hundreds of people - my kids were in the garden 15 minutes before [he fell]", the neighbour added.
"I spoke to Heathrow. They said this happens once every five years."
Describing the victim, he said: "One of the reasons his body was so intact was because his body was an ice block."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48830212

Indeed! And how convenient to have one's meat delivered for free, without even asking. But remember we are British and our lawns are important to us - not everyone here is happy to have impact craters in their lawn, we are funny like that.

And we are about to have an almost-equally-revolting Prime Minister - somehow our two nations are still inextricably linked at the hips!

Back