Simple medical test after frequent noose hanging

secretchamber78

Forum Regular
I felt chest tightness during the sleep quite often in the past two weeks. Perhaps the reason is that I had too much training in the university sports team (fencing, rowing and frisbee); and due to the unlucky competitions recently, I was always in the team that were punished by the rival guys (sometimes even girls were watching...); I was hung at least twice every week since the start of this month. Maybe hanging and over-training are both reasons. So I made an appointment with the clinic, where a friend is working, to give me a private check, especially for my heart, yesterday afternoon.

In the auscultation, my friend told me that the murmur (noise) at the apical area, where the heartbeat is most sensible, was much louder than it should have been. And the rhythm of my heartbeat showed a little bit arrhythmia, but from the stethoscope "it sounds not too obvious". He said this was caused more because of heavy sports, not frequent suffocation or short of blood in the brain.

My friend insisted me to have ECG and ultrasound tests so as to make sure I was not in danger. He took a long time (10 minutes) ECG for my heart. My average heart rate during these tests were 55 bpm, a normal young sporty guy's heart rate in his words. On the ECG diagram, however, there was a 4-second flatline period, which means that my heart stopped beating for 4 seconds! The arrhythmia looked more obvious on diagram than auscultation. He said noose hang might lead to this type of heart beat in addition to over-training in sports.

"You should reduce the training burden and also the hanging punishment. Or you would enjoy your sudden death at midnight haha!" That's what my friend told me when I left the examination.

And you went through all this? You are too young for arrhythmia.

What is "hanging punishment"? Sounds like a common used method of death penalty

Back