We are Working to Restore Normal Access to All Members

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
Hi all,

A lot of members blame the admins for the current state of site and forget how many attacks we suffered and the simple fact that too many outsiders worked for years against the community including Russian trolls and even some of their government agencies. We are also banned in China.

This resulted in a huge financial loss for the community and we are no longer able to provide normal free membership for everybody the amount of money we pay to remain independent and completely censroship free is much higher than what we get in donations and membership fees.

We have been a target since the day the site was a baby but in last two years internet censorship has reached unprecedented levels with several prominent necro sites lost. All gore and necro groups on Reddit were also banned by the admins in early 2019.

Our Twitter account has also been blocked.

The entire team would like to thank our elite users for their unwavering support without our elite soldiers CDG would long have been silenced by now.

We are slowly working to restore normal service to all but it may take months.

Our search engine rankings also dropped significanly in 2018 and this trend continues in 2019.

I hope you can now see how an attack on the community affects us in a number of negative ways still with enough support we are optimistic that things will start to improve for all of us soon.

Thanks, we would love to hear from you feedback as always welcome.

Thanks for the info Meatpie, and for all the work you do to keep our head above water.
I only wish I could suggest a practical solution, but I don't have the technical knowledge. One thought though - to be honest the site can be pretty dead with all the non-elite members locked out, ad we lose so much of our community atmosphere - my fear is that both elite and other members may drift away if the lockouts continue to be as long and frequent as recently. If it's going to take months to get back to normal service for all, could we at least allow non-elites on in rotation rather than have complete lockouts?
And if there's any guidelines you can give on things we can do, or avoid doing, to keep the site lively while minimising costs, please do that.

Thanks for the explanation. Now I know why the site has been moribund lately. Sad news. If you can think of a way elites can help, please post them. This site is an incredible unique collection of reality and art. It needs to somehow be maintained and archived. Thanks to all who are working on these problems.

Thank you for your comments and support currently we are in a very hard situation more donations are urgently needed from members it is true that a lot of people have become disgruntled with the how things are and refuse to support or become elite members which makes a bad situaiotn even worse.

Meatpie, are we under attack a the moment? I'm having to log in every time, and every few minutes if I'm searching and not keystroking on the site - it's a right pain but if it's necessary to fend off a DDOS attack I can understand that.

I've sent you more details via pm.

First time I have been able to get access to the site in the past 4 months. Glad to see the attacks have died down

Welcome back!

First time I have been able to get access to the site in the past 4 months. Glad to see the attacks have died down

Welcome back. Keep searching for snuffication.

I like this website very much, but I don't know why. It seems that access is limited. Do I have to upgrade the elite members to access it?

Back