Re-enactment - Hanging, drawing, quartering story

Marky

Forum Regular
The sound came first. Ringing ears merging into roaring, with a rhythmic pulse. Voices? A huge crowd? Football? His mind wandered. There was pain. A sore throat, an ache in his neck. His eyes fluttered. Blurred vision, dazzle. He shut out the light. Other feelings: he was naked? Cool air seemed to play all over his body. A source of heat to the left? Rough boards against his back. Not lying down, not standing; somewhere in between. Hard, cold, steel at wrists and ankles. Unable to move. Darkness washed over him. A time later – seconds, minutes, hours? - he came to. Cool massaging of his cock. He squinted against the sun, trying to focus. He was chained to a board. He was looking out at a baying crowd. To his right, a burning brazier. To his left, a gallows, a severed rope swinging gently. The roaring sound took on meaning; a chant. Many voices: “Gut him, gut him, gut him”. A man was wiping him down with a damp flannel, sponging semen off his groin. A man, shirtless, leather jeans, a black leather mask; a man he somehow recognised, dressed like... like an executioner.

Memory... it flooded his mind. A week ago, that was it. The advert: “Medieval Fayre – Re-enactors wanted”. He'd answered, been accepted. The man now flannelling his body had said how good it was to find someone in their twenties and so well built for the starring role. No worry about acting experience; everything would come naturally.

Yesterday - the castle, a real castle, with a real dungeon. He'd spent the night in chains, playing the role of a man condemned to death for treason. On the morrow he was to be hanged, drawn, and quartered. As he shifted in his chains he'd felt the excitement of the scenario. The man had visited that night, to explain the details: that he would be taken out on a scaffold from an upper window of the castle; that he would be dressed only in white cotton briefs, representing a medieval prisoner who wanted to deny the executioner the rights to the condemned man's clothes; that he would be hanged to unconsciousness, taken down and revived; that he would be cut open, his guts would be 'drawn' and that his carcass would be cut into four.

He remembered asking what was the secret of the illusion. Had there been an answer? The man had distracted him, complimenting his body, telling him how exciting it would be. He had been excited, and the man had taken every advantage of his evident arousal. The sex had been overwhelming, and he had drifted into sleep, exhausted and satisfied, but still unknowing of the details of the show.

That morning: A whirl of preparation; washing, shaving, the addition of shackles and chains. Getting bent over a table. The executioner forcing a dildo into his arse, securing it with leather thongs before sliding up the white briefs that barely contained his sudden erection. Still no understanding of the rapidly approaching illusion of execution.

Now as he lay on the board, he felt the dildo move inside him as he shifted against his restraints. It reminded him of the executioner's hard cock last night. Though his balls felt drained his own cock began to stiffen again. The executioner was now working his nipples, tight firm nubs of pleasure. He was coming to full attention, and he remembered the walk out to the scaffold.

A raised platform. To the right, a gallows with waiting noose. To the left a large board propped at forty-five degrees and a burning brazier. Ahead and on each side, a vast crowd, all men, on tiered seating. A huge cheer as they saw him, muscles glistening in the sun, briefs tented by his obvious erection, chains clanking as he walked. He moved a little awkwardly, the dildo working inside him. He remembered feeling a little apprehensive, but mostly it was a feeling of pride in his body and excitement at being the focus of a thousand doubtless horny men.

He'd stood with his neck in the noose, waiting. A list of his 'crimes' was being read out. A 'priest' inaudibly mumbled passages from the bible. He could see there was no trapdoor beneath his feet. He wondered how this could proceed without disappointing the onlookers. He'd been ecstatic, though, the rough rope against his neck, his exposure, the chains and shackles. It was a dream re-enactment. Then the rope had moved, tightening around his throat. He was being lifted up, slowly. His bare feet left the boards of the scaffold. He swung slowly around, dangling from a ring of fire.
Blood thumped in his brain. He had begun to dance.

As he lay now on the board, he remembered that death had not come quickly. He had once researched hanging, and unconsciousness was considered to happen between five and thirty seconds, but in his experience time seemed to have slowed. Was it fifteen minutes, an hour, two? He'd been aware of every particle of his body, its moves, its shudders. It seemed like the executioner was slowly fucking him. It seemed like his own cock was swelling almost to the point of bursting. Waves of pain became engulfing orgasmic fire as he came and came and came again.

And as he remembered this, with the executioner working his nipples his cock again became fully engorged. The hooded man leant over him and whispered “there is no illusion”. The full thrill of the confirmation of what the victim had already known made his cock jump. The executioner took the hard cock and swollen balls in one hand. The condemned man raised his head to look down his honed body in time to see the executioner's knife sever the genitalia in a single stroke. The pouring blood from the wound felt to him like a constant ejaculation as he watched his cock and balls tossed carelessly into the brazier, where they twitched and sizzled as they were consumed.

A sensation of tugging and pulling followed the knife as it cut upwards through muscle and flesh to the breastbone, and then sideways in a slash across his belly button. The coils of intestines and offal slithered out of the wound into a waiting bucket.

“There is no illusion.” The words echoed in his fading mind. This was hardcore re-enactment. And he LOVED IT! He watched the executioner plunge his hands into the cavity left by his eviscerated guts. His last sight was of his own heart, twitching in the hands of the man who had just killed him. He died satisfied, and the crowd went wild with appreciation of the spectacle.

The castle would certainly be repeating its Medieval Fayre next year, complete with its most popular event.

A really well researched and erotic story. And as usual with Marky beautifully written. Just one question, shouldn’t the conclusion have featured an axe?
But another example of why he is one of the stars of this site. Many more stories please.

Lindier, the answer to your question is no - Marky has it right, hanging drawing and quartering did not involve an axe. You are confusing it with 'normal' execution by beheading, for which Marky is clearly not aristocratic enough, or too treasonous, or of course both.
And yes great story - and perfectly historically researched.

I'm thinking that the executioner inserting a dildo into the victim's arse can't be historically accurate...can it? Did that sort of thing actually happen as part of a drawing and quartering? I like the presence of a priest. We all know the Church had its hand in these abominations.

Given that hang draw and quarter was normally reserved for traitors and that it was usual to display the head of the deceased on the gate of the nearest town I regret I must respectfully disagree with Deaddirty. Whilst I accept that the decapitation was usually post mortem a really skilled executioner could keep his victim alive and in agony to enable him to see the burning of his private parts before the mercy of the final chop. I believe there is contemporary documentary evidence of this although I am not sufficient a historian to be able provide the appropriate references.
I guess legal pedantry is showing through. Where I’m sure we both agree, which ever of us is right, is that Marky has written a really erotic story.

Agreed. And thinking about it, it was indeed usual to display the head and quarters on the gates of the main towns of the Kingdom so I guess an axe would have come I handy at that stage since the circular saw had not yet been invented. My apologies Lindier, you were right al along.

Thanks mate for the apology. But really there was no need for it.

Well I'd really not be hanged drawn and quartered if you had taken offence. :)

No risk of that mate. For one thing I’d miss our debates.
Sorry.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I really enjoyed your discussion of the dildo and axe issues.

I like to aim for authenticity, but what's authentic? Is that the question, or is the question; what makes a good show? As executioner I wear leather boots with rubber soles. Definitely not late medieval, but they save me slipping in the copious blood on the scaffold. My leather jeans are machine stitched for strength, and tailored to fit like a second skin, to show the crowd the pleasure I get from my work. Years of body-building have given me a massive muscled physique. The light pelt of hair on my bulging, shirtless, pectoral muscles, the glistening black leather jeans and boots, and the black leather mask make the perfect image of a medieval executioner in the mind of a modern audience. Authentic? Probably not, but effective for a re-enactment show.

I think it's unlikely that a medieval executioner ever inserted a dildo into the victim's arse. So why did I do it? In part it was a kindness to the condemned man, giving him something else to think about as he walked to the gallows. In part it was my vanity, He'd been a good fuck in the condemned cell, and I thought the (sizeable) dildo would be a reminder of me for him. In part it was to keep the white briefs in which he hanged unsullied, other than by the pumping semen of his shuddering orgasms, of course. Perhaps the last of these is controversial. Some men appreciate the sight of a hanging man losing control of his bowels. Each to his own taste, I suppose, but I am the hangman, so what I want goes.

As to whether an axe was used in hanging, drawing and quartering, I just don't know. I do know that I do not have the skill to strike off a head cleanly on an angled board.

Look at the problem I had. The board was propped up at an angle of around 50 degrees to best display the continuing punishment to the salivating crowd. The man had been hanged, and I had him tied to a board, face-up, legs apart, arms akimbo. I'd stripped him naked, and was sponging away the semen so copiously ejaculated as he hanged. I could see he was coming round, his bloodshot eyes flickering open, his neck red and sore after his prolonged and vigorous hanging. Time for the show to continue.

I knew what the audience wanted to see: I worked on his engorged nipples, tweaking and manipulating them. Then I turned my attention to his cock, which was already beginning to stiffen. Rolling his balls in one hand, I stroked and squeezed the silky shaft until it rose to full height, and whispered to him “There is no illusion”. I felt his cock buck in my hand. He raised his head, almost astonished to see the possibility having another erection after the draining orgasms of the noose.

I lifted his cock and balls away from his body and sliced them free with a razor sharp thin-bladed butcher's knife.

His expression as the blood spurted, and his detached flesh sizzled in the fire, was priceless. Horror; agony; ecstasy.

I thrust the knife in the wound, and turned it so that it cut upward through muscle and skin as I moved it relentlessly toward his breastbone. The sides of his firm stomach began to separate, revealing the reddish-grey intestines beneath. I made a second cut, from side to side through his belly button, and his convulsing body ejected the mass of coiled guts in a rush that slithered downwards.

I could feel my own erection pressing hard against bulging leather. I set down the knife. I plunged my hands into the hot wet cavity of his chest to wrench out the pulsing muscle of his heart. The light died in his eyes, but I knew that he had seen his own heart in my hands. As I turned to the crowd, the warm, dripping, twitching organ held high, I released a torrent of spunk into my jeans.

But the show was not over.

The punishment required beheading and quartering.

My tools for this were the butcher's knife, and a broad blade, heavy, butcher's chopper. I started on the neck, the knife sliding easily through flesh and, with a little more effort, the gristle of the oesophagus. The heavy chopper crunched through the spinal column in no more than three strokes. These tools allowed me to hold the head and cut it off fairly cleanly. With an axe, on the angled board, and at an awkward shoulder height, I am sure I'd have made a mess of it.

I showed the head to the crowd, and as a theatrical gesture, I gave its lips a deep kiss. The remembrance of the pleasure those lips had given my cock the night before began to arouse me again. Holding the head by its sides, I thrust it down on the stake waiting at the side of the scaffold. A shame he is dead, I was thinking; he'd have appreciated the sensation of the stake squelching though his brain and hitting the inside of his skull with clunk.

The remaining tasks were butchery, plain and simple. I chopped the headless carcass into four pieces, and threw them into the kennel compound, where the castle guard dogs received their meal with gusto.

It may not have been entirely authentic, but as an entertainment I can say, with due modesty, that the crowd went wild with enthusiasm. Many have already booked for next year's show, and there have been some enquiries from would-be re-enactors.

Despite those enquiries, I am keeping open a place for you, March.

Before then, I should mention that the castle plans a Guy Fawkes re-enactment for November 5 this year. Details have not yet been finalised, but it is expected that it will include: a significant public torture session using the Castle dungeon resources, including the rack, the pulley, and the pear; a parade of shame around the Castle grounds, the traitor to be mounted in stocks on a donkey-drawn cart; and, finally, a chaining to the stake followed by slow burning to death over a greenwood fire.

Applications for the roles of Guy Fawkes and his torturers are welcome. In the case of over-subscription additional conspirators can be added to the bonfire as required.

Fireboots, any chance you may be available?

Back