Self denying ordinance

lindier

Forum Veteran
It may well be coincidence but the site is often limited following major multi postings, often in excess of twenty or more, by a single poster. Now I accept that the only people affected are the freeloaders such as me but I also believe that without our contribution the site is less attractive to all members. And the secret room is not necessarily attractive to all members whether free or not
Another disadvantage of the multi poster is that one has to plough through an infinity of postings before getting to something relevant.
Now I accept that my technical knowledge leaves much to be desired and that I might be speaking a lot of twaddle. But perhaps if we all tried limiting our postings to five or so at a time rather than try and compete for the poster of the year then perhaps the site would be more available to all. Worth a try perhaps?
Now I await being shot down in flames by members with far more technical knowledge than I shall ever have.

Good point, we have always valued quality over quantity here I am personally going to discuss this with the poster you mentioned.

I just had a look at hand his latest youtube links are trash - poor quality and they don't show much.

I hope you are happy now lindier as AnonymousPH left CDG because of you.

Sorry to hear that AnonymousPH has left - he did post some good stuff although to my mind he did seriously over-post at times.
I suspect I may over-post at times, at least for some people's taste. But it's a hard balance to strike, especially as tastes do vary - there's been times when I've hesitated over whether something is worth posting, only to get at least one favourable comment about it.
And I'd add that excessive and repetitive comments are also a bit of a pain in terms of spotting the threads with genuinely new content, though I suspect that in terms of bandwidth they are fairly harmless?
I'm not sure how far bandwidth rather than security and attacks is responsible for lockouts these days? Meatpie, it might be useful if you gave us some guidance on these matters, and perhaps asked us to keep the bandwidth down at particular times.

I hope AnonymousPH will return I talked with him last night and explained that we welcome posting members and don't discriminate or censor anyone who is willing to contibute to the community.

Attacks, abuse, theft of content and all kinds of other activity that harms the community is continous and ongoing every hour of every day. This will eventually push us to become more like ogrish in its last years before it croaked it was a closed community.

CDG has become extremely expensive to run and for now we can provide limited free service.

Internet technology is advancing so fast we can hardly keep up. To install latest security and improve design and speed we need to raise $5,000 likely more.

We also pay a significant amount to exclusive sources who are super greedy so you see how we are stretched to breaking point.

As the initial poster I must also express my regret that he has chosen to resign. I guess to survive on this site we all need the hide of a rhinosaurus although I believe that genuine comment and occasionally criticism should always be accepted if not always welcomed.
I hope he chooses to return albeit with less obsessive postings.
And sorry guys, so long as you’ll have me I intend to remain a member.

Lindier, you are usually so quiet I forget you're here. I can't imagine anyone feeling the need to eject you, and I am certainly glad it is your intention to STAY.

As for deaddirty, your posts, sir, even when they come dozens at a time, are always so packed with SUPERB images that I welcome the sight of each and every one of them. I hope you won't restrict your contributions in any way, unless doing so becomes a requirement of site policy.

Thanks Alex, and ditto with yours! :heart love:

Just to clarify, anyone who posts pertinent posts, however many, is fine by me. And it hardly needs saying Alexonedeath and deaddirty come into that category as do many other members. My objection is where the sole object of the posting is to have posted.
I guess we all have our favourite posts be they manips, drawings or even reality although I must admit I find it difficult to see real people suffering however much an identical manip might arouse me. And for what it’s worth my favourite posts are those which enables a debate to take place, whether I agree with the submissions or not is irrelevant, or those which draw my attention to something on site or in the world which I might have missed.
Meatpie often refers to us as a community and anything which encourages community spirit should be encouraged. A good reason for much of the social posting on site. Some good friends have resulted from such postings.

Last edited:
Back