Sean The Artist Gone.

Please provide some additional information on the "Sean The Artist" website. What sort of stories did it showcase? I am familiar with an artist by the name "Sean" and who produced a shitload of homoerotic drawings. Is there any connection between your Sean and mine?

It was a site of stories involving both Male and female deaths. The stories were well written. One way of accessing the site was through myregisteredsite. The site was dedicated to John Klimac, a gay artist , who died in 2005 and who I believe to have had mental health issues.
In his apologia for closing down the site Greg, the webmaster, made the valid point that with thousands of stories and links he couldn’t take the risk that one might be in breach of the new censorship laws.
Another victory for the Christian Right and the Republican Party.
Hope this helps

Yes, that did help, lindier. It answered my question and then some. Now I'm going to look up John Klimac, because you have aroused my curiosity.

Holy moly -- I found the page with the the memorial to John Klamik, which you mentioned, lindier. Yep, John and "Sean" were indeed one and the same person! I liked the drawings by "Sean"...didn't know he had mental issues.

I think I read it somewhere but I could be mistaken. Snag is the main biographical details were on Sean the artist, now inaccessible. Certainly I can’t now find any evidence to substantiate it.

Actually, I didn't even know Sean was dead, but I'm not surprised. So many of the great artists of homoerotica lived back in the Olden Days, and are dead and buried.

John Klamik is the correct name of the artist who signed his drawings Sean. (His name and picture are on the site seantheartist.com, the content of which was recently taken offline.) The site served in part as an archive for gay male extreme fetish fiction by various writers and work by various artists. I don't wish to second guess Greg's decision to remove the content from the site, and I do not pretend to be an expert on the new US legislation known as FOSTA and SESTA. However, everything I've read about those laws indicates their purpose is to control human trafficking and transactional sexual encounters. That is why craigslist dropped many personal ads in response. To my knowledge, the site seantheartist.com did not contain advertisements from persons offering or seeking sex and did not promote sexwork or human trafficking. I could be wrong, but so far I have not found a connection between this legislation and the publication of fiction and art. There have always been policymakers who would gladly introduce more censorship, but we should not overreact to FOSTA/SESTA.

The main content of the website seantheartist was build by an archive of some stories published at the long before gone website katharsis run by John Randall. Sean did artwork for that website and therefore had some content of his own and from other artists.

The main content of the website seantheartist was build by an archive of some stories published at the long before gone website katharsis run by John Randall. Sean did artwork for that website and therefore had some content of his own and from other artists.

Hm... Do Internet Archives have "katharsis" saved?

No, that is much too old. The website closed more than 10 years ago. Madeira Desouza, a member of cutedeadguys, had contact to John Randall the founder of katharsis and claims to have the content as far as I understand it. Have a look on his statesments:
https://desouza.vegas/katharsis/
https://madeiradesouza.com/2018/02/24/katharsis/

He launched a website katharsis.xxx and closed it due to marginal visits. But as far as I remember the goal of that new website was the publication of new stories and not to republish the old content. A problem with the copyright may be a reason for that. Therefore I just visited that website a few times. As far as I know on seantheartist it was possible to find the biggest collection of content from katharsis.

I recomment to have a look on the websites of Madeira Desouza. His work is worth to see. And maybe he starts to post some old stories here...

No, that is much too old. The website closed more than 10 years ago.

Hm. The Wayback Machine have data stored up to 1996, so the site closed in 2008 may still be stored here.

I recomment to have a look on the websites of Madeira Desouza. His work is worth to see. And maybe he starts to post some old stories here...

Thank you for the tip! If I'm not mistaken, he done some erotic hanging 3D arts?

Back