German Prince "Georg-Constantin" Died Riding Horse, at 41

metalmachine

Morgue Intrude
Staff member
A German prince who moved to the UK after marrying an English woman has been killed after falling from a horse during a race at a £2.5million country house.

Prince Georg-Constantin of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach, 41, was thrown from the horse while riding with his friend Jean Christophe Iseux, Baron von Pfetten.

Police and ambulance crews were called to the scene after receiving a 999 call at around at 8.30pm on Saturday, to a man suffering life threatening injuries. He was later pronounced dead.

A friend of both, Alexander Fiske-Harrison, revealed the prince died in the grounds of the palace, which where he proposed to his English wife, Princess Olivia.

It's difficult for me to care much about rich people. This prince was attractive enough to model, if he needed something to keep him busy. It would have been safer than riding horses.

He’s better off dead, otherwise he would have wound up like Christopher Reeve who also fell off a horse while riding. Paralyzed from the neck down.

He died at Apethorpe 'Palace' in Northamptonshire. Though why it has suddenly become a 'Palace' I'm not clear - it was always Apethorpe Hall or just Apethorpe until very recently. And it's not because he lived there, because he didn't - it was his friend Jean's pad. It's a very fine stately home, largely Jacobean (early 17th century for non-Brits) though with earlier origins, and recently restored and sold by Historic England, our national heritage agency.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-44494196

Addendum - it was renamed as a Palace by Historic England on the rather spurious grounds (in my opinion) that it was owned for a while by Henry VIII and Elisabeth I. And James I contributed to the costs of a major enlargement by the courtier who owned it then, since it was largely for his benefit as a frequent visitor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apethorpe_Palace (not the best Wikipedia entry, again in my opinion).

And there's a twist. It wasn't just the ' carted stag hunt' that James I enjoyed at Apethorpe - there was a secret doorway built in from the King's bedchamber in the new wing to the slightly less grand adjacent bedchamber normally occupied by the Duke of Buckingham - the King's 'favourite aka boyfriend. So that's why he paid for it!

And following on from the last bit, the first (British) gay royal wedding has just been announced. No, not the Queen and Serena Williams, or Prince Charles and Justin Bieber (those would really frighten the horses) - Lord Ivar Mountbatten and James Coyle. Er, who they?

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/06/16/gay-royal-wedding-first-ever/

...the Queen and Serena Williams, or Prince Charles and Justin Bieber (those would really frighten the horses)...
HAHA...they would frighten me too. I really wish gay people would stop demanding everything that straight people have. It's like girls demanding to be on the boys' football team. People need to stop feeling so entitled. If everyone would just spend some time browsing through the CDG site, they would see how lucky they are to have what they do.

Back