NOAA: Earth Shatters Climate Record, Sending Planet Toward 'Worst Case Scenario'

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator

NOAA's map of climate anomalies in April 2018

April 2018 was the 400th “consecutive month with above-average temperatures” on Earth, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).

To clarify, that means December 1984 was the last month the planet had below-average temperatures. It also means we’re headed towards a climate change of 2 degrees Celsius, a number that will have devastating effects on all humans and Earth’s entire biodiversity.

Not only has Earth reached the milestone of 400 consecutive months of heating up, but last April happened to be the third-warmest April ever recorded globally, according to the NOAA report released Thursday. Carbon dioxide levels also hit another milestone by reaching the “highest level in recorded history at 410 parts per million” last month setting the stage for uncontrollable climate change on Earth. :th_smiley_eh:

Here is a link to the entire NOAA report in detail:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global/201804#precip

I can't get excited about these warnings, but that's not because I don't believe them. I just think the shit won't actually hit the fan until I'm dead.

Back