Execution without detail

secretchamber78

Forum Regular
I found a sci-fi story about the life of a young (or even teen) spy called Tom. And the last scenario of the fiction is Tom is exposed and going to be executed in secret in the basement of an agency's building. A part of this scenario is like this below:

The soldiers remove his (Tom's) bullet proof; then open the zip of his jacket. Now they see the vest covering his chest. Tom says, "if my hands were not tied by you guys, I would even expose my body straight out!" Then, a soldier tears one shoulder of his vest, making his left pec totally exposed. A lean but well shaped young man's chest. If he could live longer, many girls would be tempted by this type. But he has no more chance.

The execution lasts 10 minutes until his heart finally stops. The soldiers remove all the clothes on his upper body and he receives the last cardiac examination. Yes, he now is a corpse perfectly. No sweat on his body; it seems he didn't suffer any pain in the execution; or he bore all the pain until his last breath.

The story doesn't tell anything about how Tom is killed. Maybe the enemies use a type of wave transmitter to give him a sudden heart attack?

Wow, if it took ten minutes for his pulse, heart beat to stop it must have been slow acting yet it also suggests he was unconscious during the ordeal. That sounds like what happens in a hanging. The victim has a few seconds before they pass out but it takes 10 to 30 minutes for the heart to actually stop. The only problem would be there would be rope burn so it really is a puzzle.

Wow, if it took ten minutes for his pulse, heart beat to stop it must have been slow acting yet it also suggests he was unconscious during the ordeal. That sounds like what happens in a hanging. The victim has a few seconds before they pass out but it takes 10 to 30 minutes for the heart to actually stop. The only problem would be there would be rope burn so it really is a puzzle.

The story says nothing about any bruise nor wound in the later passage about the body examination. So perhaps neither hanging nor firing squad is taken. But I just wonder why he has to expose his left chest where the heart is beating.

Back