Funeral home internship.

taynbowen

Forum Regular
So, I called a couple funeral homes this evening to ask about an internship. They had people there answering the phones, to me it sounded like they were there just for that purpose. They both told me to call back in the morning when a funeral director is in. One of the funeral directors actually called to leave a message to tell me that, if I call during business hours, someone would be more than happy to answer my question! I am really desperately hoping that I can get an internship. I'm bored waiting to start college. Keeping my fingers crossed, praying, just about everything right now. I really want this!

I applied at a local funeral home for employment a long time ago (I was unaware of the concept of internship), and though a guy in a somber suit did sit down to talk with me, he was mainly telling me no. He was polite but totally discouraging. I left with the impression that one needed to come out of some sort of mortician school before they would consider you for a position, even if it was just menial. I hope your experience turns out to be much better...good luck!

There is stiff competition in the death industry keep tying and don't take it personal.

Yeah, I had no luck.. However, I’m not discouraged. I got accepted at my dream college, so, I’ll be pursuing my pre-message biology degree, I’m hoping to become a medical examiner!

Yeah, I had no luck.. However, I’m not discouraged. I got accepted at my dream college, so, I’ll be pursuing my pre-message biology degree, I’m hoping to become a medical examiner!

You will no doubt, you are still young and have all your life ahead of you.

Back