Snake Charmer Strangled by Python During Live Show in India

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
A snake charmer nearly died after his python tried to strangle him during a live performance in Mau, a town in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.

The man, whose name is not know, passed out in front of an audience after the snake wrapped itself around his neck.
Those watching were unaware it was not part of the man’s act until he failed to get up.

Onlookers then managed to wake the snake charmer with water while moving the snake away.

He was taken to hospital in the nearby city of Varanasi.

<code class="html clickselect undefined xml" style="-moz-tab-size: 4; display: block;"><video controls="" poster="https://a.pomfe.co/hgptpl.mp4" width="720" height="405">
<source src="https://a.pomfe.co/hgptpl.mp4" type="video/mp4">
<source src="" type="video/ogg">
<source src="" type="video/webm">
Your browser does not support the video tag or the file format of this video. http://www.webestools.com/
</video></code>

WOW - hat's an amazing vid Meatpie! Looks to me like he shits his pants soon after 1:00, and from about 3 mins I'm wondering if the damp round the bulge in the seat is showing the outline of his very soiled briefs? (Well, you know my interests!).
Crazy that no one trys to save him - it's not as if the snake is venomous, they could have pulled it of him without serious danger to themselves, or used those rocks to batter it into releasing him.

It's not venomous but it can stll bite and people are inherently afraid of snakes even seeing one can make one's hair stand out.

True - I'll admit I'm afraid of adders out of all proportion to the real danger, a bite would be very unpleasant but not life-threatening. But I'm not scared of snakes I know are harmless, and when someone's life is at stake ...

Do you often see snakes in Bulgaria? I'm guessing you will have some vipers plus far more species that are harmless?

Yes, vipers are common and widespread thoughtout the Balkans and people get bitten here every year especially in the summer. Yes I've seen snakes but not huge ones like this one in the video.

That figures, as far as I know there are no constrictors or really large or deadly vipers in Europe.

WOW - hat's an amazing vid Meatpie! Looks to me like he shits his pants soon after 1:00, and from about 3 mins I'm wondering if the damp round the bulge in the seat is showing the outline of his very soiled briefs? (Well, you know my interests!).
Crazy that no one trys to save him - it's not as if the snake is venomous, they could have pulled it of him without serious danger to themselves, or used those rocks to batter it into releasing him.

The people might have (at first) thought it was all part of the act, and therefore just watched and waited for him to emerge laughing saying something like” ha-ha....fooled you didn’t I?”

Yes, vipers are common and widespread thoughtout the Balkans and people get bitten here every year especially in the summer. Yes I've seen snakes but not huge ones like this one in the video.

So what vipers do you have in Bulgaria? I'm guessing you are too far south for adders except perhaps in the mountains, perhaps a range of rather nastier ones which might kill occasionally?

Back