Lynchings in the U.S. -- Early 20th Century

alexonedeath

Mortua sed non sepulta!
Some of these images may be of the black teenager, Jesse Washington, who was hanged (and mutilated and burned) by vigilantes in Waco, Texas in 1916. I'm not sure, because the captioning of the photos was ambiguous...

Jesse-Washington-5-16-1916-Waco-TX-2.jpg

2853398429_9dc1a2b9e1_z.jpg

jesse-washington-waco-texas-1916.jpg

30ddbc4ba4a5f4497a10504325ad0128--lynching-waco-texas.jpg

Jesse%2BWashington%2BLynching%2B-%2BWaco%2BTX%2B%2BMay%2B15%2B1916.jpg

I think they are - for me, too horrible to post.
By amazing coincidence (Alex, we must be made for each other :hearthrob: ) I did a thorough search for lynching pics a week or two ago, but I haven't found time to check them through and post them - I shall do so this very night!
I was going to put them in the Hanging Collective deraien, but actually they're not all hanged (just most of them), so I shall put them here and probably derail your thread like we've derailed a few of Phyzz's. Justice is served! (By one offender on another of course, which is par for the course on lynchings).

And here they are - almost all US 19th-20th century, though including just a few others that came up in the same search.
Stress that by posting these I am not in any way condoning lynching or racism - in fact for me they are close to the boundary of what is just too chilling to enjoy or post. But there are some very good images among this lot, and some very beautiful male bodies). And a couple of cockshots (notably 3rd line from the end, plus at least one other that I can't immediately spot) and some very fine bare dead asses.

https://pixhost.org/gallery/Zyguy

By the way, I did a thorough google search under 'lynching' and 'lynched' (English-language only, no date filter), about a week ago (say 9th March), and I've posted everything I didn't positively recognise as already on here. So there's probably no point anyone else repeating that search in the immediate future, though one thing I did pick up is that a lot of historic archive photos are being digitised, so in say a year's time there may be quite a it of 'new' material to find and post.

HOLY COW, deaddirty, what a huge collection of lynching images you've added here! Thank you for placing them in my thread (the "Hanging" section is just so immense, I feel lost in there). If you and I aren't made for each other, we are at least psychotic...I mean PSYCHIC. :yes:

...by posting these I am not in any way condoning...

As to your above qualification, it really never would have occurred to me that anyone would make such a connection. ALL of us here at CDG are in the doghouse if posting equals condoning. I say, don't give it another thought. Everyone knows deaddirty is one of the good guys!

Thanks, Alex and Badjohnny.

And here they are - almost all US 19th-20th century, though including just a few others that came up in the same search.
Stress that by posting these I am not in any way condoning lynching or racism - in fact for me they are close to the boundary of what is just too chilling to enjoy or post. But there are some very good images among this lot, and some very beautiful male bodies). And a couple of cockshots (notably 3rd line from the end, plus at least one other that I can't immediately spot) and some very fine bare dead asses.

Rescued! Here is the new gallery URL

https://pixhost.to/gallery/Zyguy

And the thumbnail for the first pic - just scroll through to see the rest on pixhost.to

Fantastic collection disturbing period of time but a fascinating retrospective on the lynching phenomenon. Duluth is the most visually stunning one. Hard to think that it was a postcard and someone mailed it.

And an update - since I'd failed to clear my 'Lynched' folder from the last upload and had to clean it up manually by download date, I can at least guarantee for once that there's no reposts of the same files, though there may well be reposts of the same images under different filenames. There's some images in the gallery that aren't in the thumbnails.
And repeat, I'm in no way condoning racism! In fact quite a few of these aren't US white-on-black - if the image retrieved on a last-year 'lynched/lynching search and was a good one, I've included it.

https://pixhost.to/gallery/ir2sZ

Thanks.

And one more - Africa, modern, cop lynched.

Back