Amputation

This is not a fetish I can relate to. Mind, if you want to make someone talk, starting up the saw and bringing it to a limb might get them talking?

Djbear, have you read about the people who have a psychiatric condition where they are compelled to have their own appendages removed? I forget the proper medical term for them, but they are in the literature. They will sometimes do the amputations themselves and other times they manage to fool doctors into doing the cutting for them. They cannot rest until they are rid of the body part or parts they are obsessed with. I believe one guy put his limb on the train track to remove it, and a woman ended up with both her legs removed, and for absolutely no good reason.

Is there a psychiatric diagnose for the condition that i want picture number one as a quad-amp?

Apotemnophilia or more in recent terminology Body integrity disorder. It is a condition where the patient sees a part of his/her body as alien and undesireable.

YES...apotemnophilia sounds familiar, old bearkill! Thank you for remembering the term for me. I don't know the diagnosis for wanting picture number one, but, whatever it might be, we both have it. I too was struck by that one.

Back