Young man commits suicide in Lipetsk, Russia on January 1, 2018

Meatpie

OWNER/ADMIN
Staff member
Administrator
A young man jumped from 14th floor of an apartment building in Lipetsk, Russia on the first day of the New Year. Inital reports suggest he recently broke up with his girlfriend. Two people also commited suicide on New Year's and Jan 1 in Sofia, Bulgaria.

That's too scary, to think about him looking out at that drop, and then jumping, and having a few seconds to think about what was coming before his head hit the pavement. I'm sure he would have much rather taken sleeping pills, but the powers that be make such a peaceful exit difficult to achieve. Thus we have the sad parade of deaths by train and building and shotgun.

Yeah, why kill yourself because of a cunt? He had so much time...

Guess he smoked a last cig ;)

Some 9 years ago my 16th floor apartment looked out on a man who had committed suicide exactly that way. It is not a guaranteed death and if it does not happen the pain and lengthy rehab would be horrific.

Some 9 years ago my 16th floor apartment looked out on a man who had committed suicide exactly that way. It is not a guaranteed death and if it does not happen the pain and lengthy rehab would be horrific.
Not a guaranteed death from 16 floors??????

I am also questioning djbear's comment. Maybe there is a typo somewhere in his remarks. It is my understanding that a fall from as low as the 4th floor can be counted on to kill you.

It depends so much on how you fall, what part of your body you land on, and what surface. I'd have thought from the 16th floor instant death would be almost certain, but if you fall spreadeagled, land on your feet, and on soft ground or vegetation, maybe it could be slow and horrible.

...land on your feet...

I don't think you want to land on your feet if you can possibly avoid it, especially not if your knees are locked. I saw a photo of the corpse of a jumper who had landed that way, and both his legs were telescoped up into his body. His feet were at his ass and his calves and thighs were inside his torso. It was horrible to behold.

Back